We are looking for calm and assertive Teaching Assistants to support our Primary schools based in Bedfordshire. You will ideally be a Learning Support Assistant who has the ability to maintain a calm and patient atmosphere and have the skills to support behaviour management. It's crucial that you are pro-active and engaging with the children as this will allow for progress amongst pupils within the class. You will be working with a variety of children on a 1:1 level and in small groups.
If you have any of the below this could be the role for you...
- Experience of working with children within or without a school setting
- A strong desire to help children achieve their potential
- Relevant qualifications such as NVQ level 3, PECS, Makaton and/or Team Teach
- Ambition to grow and progress with education
- Key skills and experience needed:
- Experience working in specialist schools such as SEN schools or Pupil Referral Units
You will be expected to:
- Establish rapport and respectful, trusting relationships with pupils, their families and their carers
- Encourage the development of self-confidence, sensitivity and respect for others through the understanding of individual rights and responsibilities
- Ensure positive inclusion of all pupils by fostering community links and developing the role of the school as part of the total educational provision
- Provide a curriculum that is accessible and relevant to the needs of each individual pupil through a range of activities and opportunities which ensure that learning is fun
- Encourage self-advocacy and independence
- Generate attitudes of respect and understanding towards all individuals irrespective of background
- Give emphasis to the quality of relationships between all people in the school.
YOUR LONG TERM PROSPECTS
- With experience you may be able to progress to a senior assistant job. You may be able to take on more responsibility by applying for training and assessment for Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) status
- When you are fully experienced as a special needs teaching assistant, you may be able to study for a foundation degree. These are offered by a number of colleges and universities
- After completing a foundation degree you might be able to progress to a related honours degree which could provide a route for qualifying as a primary school teacher
In order to register with Teaching Personnel, candidates are required to have Child Workforce DBS registered on the update service. All candidates are required to complete a Safeguarding course through Teaching Personnel, or provide a relevant safeguarding certificate during your registration process. All offers are conditional upon satisfactory vetting checks and references.