Company: ARIZONA S CHILDREN ASSOCIATION
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Do you enjoy working with children and their families? Do you want to make a difference right in your own community? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as Parent Aide / Reunification Specialist in our Phoenix office. As a Parent Aide / Reunification Specialist you will have the opportunity to work together with caregivers to achieve positive outcomes by engaging the family in a structured, individualized, team planning process that is relevant to the family needs. You will also provide supervised visitation between children in out of home care and their parents, siblings or family members. **Bachelor's in Social Work or related required minimum education**
Who We Are:
Founded in 1912, Arizona's Children Association is one of the oldest and largest statewide comprehensive child welfare and behavioral health not-for-profit agencies in Arizona. Located in all 15 Arizona counties, we provide a variety of programs and services to meet the needs of more than 40,000 children, youth and families each year. When working with AzCA, you'll be surrounded by highly talented and dedicated individuals who are committed to our mission of protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening families.
Why You'll Love Working for Us:
At Arizona's Children Association, our employees are our most valuable asset; and as such we offer a wide range of benefits to aid your health and wellness including:
- We have a whole new comprehensive benefits package for 2021! All full time employees working 30 hours or more per week are eligible and we offer several plans for each so you can choose the option right for you and your family which includes:
- Medical provided by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona, Dental and Vision provided by MetLife
- We offer several plans so you can choose the option right for you and your family
- Plans are effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment
- We also offer: Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Savings Account (HSA), Life and AD&D, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program provided by Cura Linc
- Employee Wellness and Support Time every Friday morning
- Flexible Schedules
- Generous paid time off, paid sick leave, and 8 paid holidays
- 403B Retirement Savings Plan provided through Mutual of America
- Tuition Reimbursement and Discounts
- Clinical Licensure Reimbursement
Find your passion. Join our Team!
What You'll Do:
- Engages children, caregivers and parents in a manner that is, respectful, trauma informed and supports the goal of family reunification.
- Arranges for and supervises visitation between children in out of home care and their parent(s)/family member(s).
- Follows ADCS (Arizona Department of Child Safety) direction as to the location, frequency, duration and who may be present during the visit.
- Observes, monitors, and assesses the client's parenting skills, and provides guidance and/or coaching as needed while client is interacting with their child (ren), and/or when there is opportunity to reinforce learned behaviors.
- Ensures that visitation occurs at times that are convenient to children, families, including evenings and weekends.
- Maintains client records and files in a complete and efficient manner, meeting all required deadlines.
- Utilizes community, social, education and recreational resources to assist client in obtaining services for themselves and their family.
- Provides transportation for children to and from the visitation, as needed.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree with 2 years of related experience OR a Master's degree with less than 2 years of related experience in human services field
Minimum Qualification & Requirements:
- Must be 21 years of age (licensing requirement).
- Possess a valid Arizona driver's license and be insurable under the agency's automobile policy.
- Must be able to provide own transportation for business related purposes
- Must be able to provide DPS fingerprint clearance.
- Must be able to meet training and agency compliance requirements for the position.
- An individual may qualify for this position if the individual is able to “perform safely” the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
AzCA is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employee