Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: Salary negotiable
Job Title: Development Chemist - Personal Care
Salary: Negotiable, dependant on experience
Benefits: Performance bonus, enhanced pension, health cash plan, Life assurance cover, 24 days holiday plus bank holidays
Hours: Mon to Thur (8am to 4.30pm). Fri (8am to 3.30pm)
Duration: 9 month contract with possibility of going permanent
Reed Scientific are recruiting for a Development Chemist to join a well known developer of personal care and household products. Their name is well known in many households and they pride themselves in providing products that customers can rely on. You will be joining a collaborative team that's passionate about developing quality products.
Responsibilities will include:
- Formulating personal care products, taking into consideration consumer needs, insights and market trends
- Managing the existing product portfolio
- Initiating new product or claims ideas based on consumers research
- Preparation of laboratory and stability samples.
- Develop product demonstrations and present new projects and research to a varied audience.
- Validation of the efficacy and safety of products through laboratory and clinical tests
- Providing technical support to Marketing, Production, Quality Control and Packaging Departments.
- Maintenance and calibration of equipment and instrumentation.
- Research when developing and formulating new products.
- Assisting in scale up
- Creation of new SOP’s when required.
- Oversee and develop Junior Development Chemists or interns to ensure they achieve their objectives
Qualifications, experience and skills required
- Degree in Chemistry, Cosmetic Science or a related scientific discipline
- Experience in the formulation of personal care products in the FMCG industry
- Knowledge of baby products and / or Australian regulations would be a great advantage
- Excellent influencing and communication skills.
- The ability to build strong working relationships, lead cross functionally and build successful project teams.
- Excellent planning skills and the ability to use own initiative
- IT proficient (Microsoft Software)
- Ability to present technical information
If you have the relevant experience and qualifications and want to work for a company with internationally recognised brands, please apply online now.