Job DescriptionSummary of Responsibilities:The Ops Excellence team at Home Chef is a small but growing group of talented individuals that tackle some of our biggest challenges in operations. Sometimes referred to as Home Chefs operations SWAT team, we work on cross-functional initiatives that help to define the future state of the operations organization. Our projects evolve based on the needs of the business no two days are the same but were always focused on execution and driving towards positive impact. We pride ourselves on being great problem solvers, thought partners, and go-getters.
- The Operational Excellence Manager will be expected to wear several hats and will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects. Although different projects will require different skillsets, the high-level responsibilities and expectations for this role are outlined belowProcess Improvement:
- Become an expert on Home Chefs operations from start to finish and identify areas for where Home Chef can streamline operations, reduce costs, or deploy new technologies
- Collaborate cross-functionally to implement initiatives with Operations Technology, Food Safety & Quality, Procurement, Warehouse, Data, HR, and most importantly, Plant Fulfillment & Continuous Improvement
- Examples of past projects include: developing Home Chefs SOP library and performing time studies to establish efficiency standardsTool Development & Tech Enablement
- Partner with our plant teams to develop, manage, and continually improve tools used on the floor at our production facilities
- Understand challenges in the current technology landscape and work with production management and front-line employees to develop potential solutions
- Examples of past projects include: developing an in-house MRP system to track WIP inventory levels, originally in Google Apps & hardened through tech development & supportData Analysis & Reporting:
- Find innovative ways to make data actionable for our production teams - build new processes to better collect, store, and visualize operational data in a meaningful and impactful way
- Enable data-driven decision making by reporting on core KPIs and performing ad-hoc analyses=
- Examples of past projects include: revamping our Quality & Error reporting and processes to be more actionable, and preventative as opposed to reactiveTraining & People Support:
- Ensure process changes stick by developing training programs and initiatives
- Partner with our HR teams to establish plant-focused programs related to performance management, professional development, and employee recognition & retention
- Examples of past projects include: developing and implementing Associate, Lead, & Supervisor training & onboarding programsWorkplanning & Project Management:
- Work independently to develop project plans and timelines to drive progress forward, while working with multiple cross-functional stakeholdersPeople Management
- The Ops Excellence Manager will likely start out as an individual contributor, but will be expected to take on 1-3 direct reports in the near future.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or other characteristics needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Entrepreneurial mindset: energetic and able to lead change, create vision, and inspire people to achieve goals, in a fast-paced environment
- Problem solver: Identify issues quickly and bring recommended solutions backed by logic to the discussion
- Interpersonal savvy: Develop rapport across the organization in order to build consensus for implementing new processes and tools
- Results oriented: Deal with ambiguity and make timely decisions to get to impact quickly
- Attention to detail: Organizational skills and ability to manage details of complex systems and operational processes
- Embody the Home Chef core values of customer first, pursuing excellence, taking ownership, and building a best-in-class team
- 2+ years of experience in operations, management consulting, venture capital, or equivalent; top ranked candidates with managerial experience strongly preferred
- Comfortable working in a manufacturing environment. Travel to our production facilities in Chicago, Atlanta, and Los Angeles will be required as part of this position (up to ~33% travel)
- Must be able and willing to work in refrigerated coolers (~38 degrees F) and a traditional office environment
- Bending, standing, lifting, carrying, etc are occasionally required
- Completion of a four-year degree program in Engineering, Economics, Finance, Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics, or other relevant area of study is preferred
-Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your firstorder!-Direct access to senior management our leadership team works alongside our team members every day-Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance-Generous paid time off (PTO) policy-401k program-Flexible spending accounts for qualified medical, dependent care, parking, or transit expenses-Free water taxi, discounted gym membership, and daily bike storage for Wrigley building employees-Cold brew coffee on tap at no charge-Employee discounts for Home Chef meal kits-Free lunch every Friday and snacks and beverages on hand every day-Casual dressHome Chef is an equal employment opportunity employer
Apply for this job
Role: Operational Excellence Manager
Apply for this job now.