PRIMARY PURPOSE: To operate a Tractor-Trailer vehicle, observing all road, highway and DOT guidelines, in a safe and efficient manner, transferring merchandise and supplies between company locations, and picking up materials from suppliers.
Operate Tractor-Trailer and/or straight truck in a safe and efficient manner.
Responsible for all warehouse pickup and delivery from manufacturing plant and suppliers.
Drive forklift (stand-up or sit-down) for unloading of trucks and to assist in picking orders.
Complete all required paperwork and logs at the end of each trip.
Assists with rotation of warehouse stock.
Other duties and special projects as requested.
Must maintain good attendance.
Maintain safe work practices.
Maintain safeguards of confidential company information.
Perform routine maintenance on truck and general warehouse maintenance.
- Interaction with production, distribution, office and managerial personnel.
- Overtime work is required.
- Must be able to work under the direction of others and work independently.
- Ability to communicate well with internal and external customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must.
- Ability to follow safe working practices, as instructed.
- Basic math and language skills, testing ability and ability to comprehend process instructions.
- Good communication skills, personal computer knowledge, self-starter and ability to work with others in small groups a plus.
- Experienced operating powered industrial trucks.
Must be able to carry, lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Frequently required to sit and drive.
Frequently required to stand, climb and walk.
Must be able to travel. No over night travel.
Temperatures vary from very cool to very warm.
Also exposed to outside weather conditions.
The noise levels in the work environment are typically low to moderate
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Minimum Requirements: High School or equivalent.
Minimum 2 years recent verifiable driving experience.
Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Class A requiredwith Hazardous Materials Endorsement
Warehouse experience a definite plus.
Complete insurance coverage - medical, dental, vision, life, EAP, FSA, HRA, and disability
401(k) with company match
Generous paid time off
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V A drug-free workplace
“Growing second-generation family business with opportunity and fantastic benefits.”
Role: Class A CDL Truck Driver
Apply for this job now.