RESTORING MORE THAN PROPERTY
Flooding. Fires. Windstorms. Hundreds of thousands of clients rely on BELFOR Property Restoration each year to rebuild their lives, homes, and businesses. We're Restoring More Than Property.
BELFOR is looking for qualified candidates for the following position. BELFOR team members are a unique breed, committed to restoring not only property, but restoring lives for those affected by disasters, large or small.
- Develop and maintain client book of business dependent on Estimator, Senior Estimator, General Estimator, and Executive General Estimator job requirements
- Serve as primary contact with owners, adjusters, and consultants
- Scope development, negotiation and agreements with customers
- Uses BELFOR standard in formatting estimates
- Coordinate after hours emergency services as directed, including board-ups, water damage, fire and smoke damage and vandalism
- Consistently identify potential site hazards (asbestos, lead paint, mold, etc.)
- Must conduct oneself professionally and with courtesy at all times. Must be proactive conveying information and be immediately responsive to requests for information
- Apply industry TPA Program standards and ensure compliance with requirements
- Comprehensive understanding of customer service, principles and practices
- Work under time constraints to meet specific timelines
- Attention to detail and keen sense of safeguarding other people's property and information
- Attend BELFOR sponsored operations and safety training courses as required
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- English literacy and fluency
- Proficient with XACTIMATE estimating software
- Extensive Customer Service experience
- Advanced Microsoft offices skills.
- Professional demeanor and appearance, excellent telephone skills.
- Ability to work well with others, maintain professional interaction with co-workers and vendors.
Frequent lifting over 50 lbs unassisted
Sitting for extended periods of time
Manual dexterity needed for keyboarding and other repetitive tasks
The ability to bend, crouch, or stand as necessary.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Estimator -- Sales position is the first/entry level in our Estimating track. This position will be responsible for creating and managing estimates and job in the residential, commercial, and industrial lines of business. This position will be responsible to meet with clients, develop quality and competitive estimates using Xactimate software, manage work through completion, review budgets and communicate progress with clients and management. Estimators will review invoices and labor timely to ensure costs are included in the job costs monthly.
- Must establish and maintain local area clientele in position to refer losses. Clientele is primarily insurance adjusters but may also include community business owners, schools and municipalities.
- Create accurate floor plans in Xactimate Sketch
- Must have working knowledge of applicable building codes
- Create and adhere to acceptable budgets and address overages as they present themselves
- Must demonstrate a knowledge of all local building codes
- Maintain a construction schedule and work with trades and management to ensure work is completed on time. Identify and present solutions when additional resources are needed.
- Demonstrate proficiency with source removal, decontamination, mitigation, containment, ventilation, contents and deodorization techniques
- Proficient with investigative demolition, controlled demolition, decontamination structure cleaning and deodorization services
- Independently manages own work
- Maintain vehicle safety and maintenance inspections and maintain vehicles in a clean serviceable condition
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comply with company and department policies, procedures, guidelines, and standards.
BELFOR Property Restoration is the North American leader in integrated disaster recovery and property restoration services. With more than 100 full-service offices in the U.S., we are geographically positioned to respond to almost any disaster - large or small - coast to coast. A proven track record of superior response and unmatched resources has made BELFOR the contractor of choice for damages caused by fire, water, wind or other catastrophes.
Role: Estimator / Project Manager
Apply for this job now.