The SQL Server DBA / Developer is responsible for performing both DBA and development roles; and providing design, development and software support for custom and off-the-shelf applications.
· Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
· Ensure that database code meets standards for readability, reliability, and performance.
· Each week, give developers a list of the top 10 most resource-intensive queries on the server and suggest ways to improve performance on each. Help developers improve the performance of queries by tweaking them or modifying indexes.
· Design indexes for existing applications, choosing when to add or remove indexes.
· Advise developers on the most efficient database designs (tables, datatypes, stored procedures, functions, etc.).
· Ensure all database servers are backed up in a way that meets the business’s Recovery Point Objectives (RPO).
· Test backups to ensure we can meet the business’ Recovery Time Objectives (RTO).
· Troubleshoot SQL Server service outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends.
· Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
· Implement multiple methods of data movement between systems. These may include SSIS, import/export or other types of ETL techniques or tools.
· Implement High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
· Implement database encryption and data archiving.
· Provide 24x7 support for critical systems.
· Minimum of 5 years MS SQL Server developer experience with 3 years MS SQL Server Administration experience.
· Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent education.
· Knowledge of cloud databases (AWS, Microsoft Azure).
· Knowledge of programming languages such as C#.net.
· SQL Server Certification.
Behavioral & Leadership Competencies
· Excellent team player.
· Ability to lead complex projects.
· Possesses and applies broad knowledge of concepts and principles.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Works with minimal instruction or guidance
Cybersoft PrimeroEdge is the industry leading provider of software solutions for Child Nutrition departments in K-12 school districts across the country. Cybersoft PrimeroEdge is a comprehensive and integrated management solution with the goal of helping districts serve their students, parents and communities better.
Cybersoft PrimeroEdge enjoys very high customer satisfaction and continues to develop and deliver software and services with the highest commitment to responsiveness, quality, innovation, and customer focus.
Role: SQL Server DBA
Apply for this job now.