If you are an experienced Dock and Door tech, this is a great opportunity to increase your income, by working with a company that shares the billable labor from each ticket you complete. Additionally, parts, doors, and equipment you sell earn you commissions. Any customer you bring to the company becomes your account. We will do everything possible to insure every time we work for them, you will do their work and benefit from their business. If you are inexperienced in this trade, but possess the necessary skills to become proficient, we will train and equip you to be successful. Great people providing great service for over 40 years.
- Hourly pay rate for unbillable time (paid weekly)
- % of the billable labor on each service call performed (paid weekly)
- Commission on parts, doors and equipment sold by you (paid monthly)
- Health Insurance by Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Paid vacation one week after one year of employment, two weeks after two years.
- Five sick days per year
- Simple IRA savings benefit
- Mechanical / Electrical Aptitude
- Having a sense of what makes mechanical and electrical things work and how to repair them is a must, to be successful at this job. A natural curiosity of learning about new products, is also a key to being successful at this job.
- Sales Aptitude
- Additional income derived from sales of parts and new or replacement equipment and doors, is an everyday opportunity in this position.
- Good Driving Record
- A valid driver’s license with a good record is required. Commercial Driver’s License is preferred, as some truck and trailer combinations will exceed 26,000 lbs. GVW.
- Welding Skills
- Knowing how to arc weld and use a cutting torch are skills commonly used in this job.
- Equipment Operation
- Job requires training in the use of Scissor Lifts, Skytracks, Forklifts, and Man Lifts.
- Keep work truck in clean, safe condition, properly stocked with parts required to perform door and equipment repairs correctly, in a timely fashion.
- Learn to prepare on site estimates for labor, parts, replacement doors, and dock equipment for customers.
- Learn to source and procure all products sold
- Properly prepare sales tickets at jobsite and collect payment from customers.
Alamo Door Systems, a leading assembler and distributor of construction products with a 41 year continuous business history in Central and South Texas. We offer job candidates a stable, solvent, professionally run place to work.
Benefits include: health insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, sick leave, and simple IRA plan.
Come join our team, and find your new work home!
Role: Technician - Commercial Door and Dock Equipment
Location: San Antonio,
Apply for this job now.