Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £30,000 - £46,525 per annum, Inc benefits
Reed Education are supporting a leading trust school in Gravesend in their search for a Year Two Teacher to start at the commencement of the January term.
As a Year Two Teacher and part of the Key Stage One teaching team, you will be responsible for planning and delivering high-quality lessons that meet the national curriculum guidelines and as well as the needs of your pupils. You will also assess and monitor the progress and attainment of your pupils and provide feedback and support to help them achieve their potential. You will work collaboratively with other teachers, teaching assistants and support staff to create a positive and stimulating learning environment. You will also communicate effectively with parents and carers and participate in the wider life of the school community.
To be a successful year two teacher, you will need to have:
- A recognised teaching qualification and qualified teacher status (QTS).
- Experience of teaching in Key Stage One or lower Key Stage Two.
- Knowledge of the Year Two curriculum and assessment framework.
- A passion for teaching and learning, and a commitment to professional development.
- Excellent subject knowledge and pedagogical skills.
- The ability to differentiate your teaching to meet the diverse needs of your pupils.
- The ability to manage behaviour and foster positive relationships with your pupils.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team and contribute to the school’s vision and values.
- The ability to use a range of teaching strategies and resources, including ICT, to enhance learning outcomes and progress.
- The ability to plan and organise your workload and meet deadlines.
- The ability to reflect on your practice and seek feedback to improve your performance.
- The ability to engage with parents and carers and involve them in their children’s learning.
As a year two teacher, you will also demonstrate the following personal qualities:
- Enthusiasm, creativity and motivation.
- Flexibility, adaptability and resilience.
- Patience, empathy and sensitivity.
- Professionalism, integrity and respect.
- A sense of humour and a positive attitude.
For more information about this post, please do not hesitate to get in touch with the Reed Education Maidstone team to speak to Charlie about this role. To submit your CV, please hit ‘apply’ below!