ABC Teachers are seeking an experience Learning Support Assistant to work with our well-established partner SEN schools in Birmingham. Our schools cater for students with various special educational needs, such as autism and moderate to severe learning difficulties and require a confident and reliable SEN Learning Support Assistants.
About the role:
- You will work with students on a 1:1 or small group basis.
- Support students with various special educational needs including, autism, moderate learning difficulties to complex additional needs.
- Work alongside a class teacher and supportive leadership teams.
- We have various positions to suit your needs, flexible working, full-time, part-time and long-term positions.
About the school:
- Our schools cater for primary and secondary aged students.
- Well-established schools with inclusive environments.
- Easily accessible by public transport from Birmingham and surrounding areas.
To be considered for the Learning Support Assistant position, you will:
- Have previous experience working with children and young people with a wide range of special educational needs.
- Have strong communications skills with the ability to quickly build rapport with students.
- Suitable qualifications such as Youth Work, Health and Social Care or Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools are desired but not essential.
- Able to obtain suitable references and a DBS check.
ABC Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About ABC Teachers
ABC Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and
What ABC Teachers offer
As a valued employee of ABC Teachers, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a SEN Learning Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across ABC Teachers, please contact our SEND team on #removed#.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.