Deloitte's Cyber and Resilience practice consists of over 300 diverse and talented individuals and we advise clients on issues ranging from security architecture to risk analytics and everything in between. As a Director within our Public Sector Cyber practice you will be responsible for building and developing a team that will enjoy finding creative solutions to our clients' cyber issues. You will assist clients in one or more specific sub-sectors within Public Sector, which covers Local Government, National Government, and Public Services. You will thrive in an environment that enables you to deal with a wide range of people at all levels of seniority with diplomacy and tact. In return, we offer an unparalleled career path that is full of variety with opportunities to gain insight into many different cyber specialisms, wider technology risk challenges and to collaborate with your Deloitte colleagues on exciting and high-profile projects.
We are proud to offer flexible working arrangements which allow our people to choose the most suitable working arrangement that works for them. Whether this is working 4 days per week, taking the summer months off work, or more flexibility around your working pattern, we consider both formal and informal working arrangements that allow our people and our clients the best outcome. Your role
You will be someone who wants to further develop your already well proven leadership and technical skills, work with a world class peer group and build relationships with some of the world's biggest and most complex organisations to help them achieve their cyber goals.
As a Senior Manager or Director in Public Sector Cyber your responsibilities will include:
- Being comfortable developing the market for Cyber Security services, primarily across Public Sector organisations, through the development of effective client relationships and championing the service within the Deloitte industry groups
- Project focus on Public Sector clients, from sales and marketing through to defining key functional processes
- Understanding and anticipating client needs based on a strong understanding of Public Sector specific requirements
- Delivering a portfolio of cyber-related engagements across our business, including effective people management on client engagements and working seamlessly and collaboratively with colleagues in other parts of the organisation and globe
- Having a broad perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; having a clear understanding of the firm's commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
- Contributing to the development of the service by identifying opportunities for improving the value our services provide to clients and the efficiency of our go to market activity
- Capturing and enhancing intellectual property and know "know how" through engagements with clients and your awareness of the digital marketplace
- Leading the development and implementation of existing and new market propositions across financial services, collaborating closely with appropriate colleagues throughout the organisation
- Attracting world-class talent to Deloitte and further develop and mentor our people
- Contributing to the latest thought-leadership and industry research relating to cyber security and organisational crisis and response management to cyber issues
Our team has grown very rapidly over the past few years, and continues to do so. The team combines a wealth of deep industry knowledge with both business advisory experience and technical expertise.
Specific security topics that we specialise in include cyber threat management, online fraud prevention, information protection, data privacy, and identity and access management.Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location - Edinburgh with occasional domestic and international travel, this is a permanent full time opportunity. Your professional experience
To be successful in this role you should have:
Your service line: Risk Advisory
- Extensive Cyber Security experience either within the Public Sector or, ideally within a major consultancy/professional services firm with Public Sector clients
- Broad range of security experience though with a distinct specialism in at least one area, e.g. cyber strategy, security target operating models, security transformation programmes, security change initiatives, security technologies (such as information protection, firewall rule set review, network segregation etc), privacy, security standards such as ISF, ISO, SANS etc.
- You will likely hold certifications such as CCP, CISSP, CISM, CCNP, CIPP/E preferred
- Excellent commercial awareness and business acumen, including specifically a good understanding of cyber risk to both business processes and supporting technology
- You will have great interpersonal skills and experience of developing effective, long-lasting client relationships, either as a consultant or demonstration of significant influencing abilities within an organisation and demonstrable ability to solve complex problems objectively, using an appropriate combination of analysis, experience and judgement
- Delivery of high quality complex projects including effective programme, project, financial and people management
- Ability to take complex analysis and to present and communicate it in a concise and clear manner, appropriately tailored to people from a very wide range of cultures, technical backgrounds and seniorities
- Self-confidence/enthusiasm to be involved in business development activities
- Existing security clearance or willingness to undergo vetting procedures
In Risk Advisory, our thinking and actions give clients, our people and society the confidence to grow responsibly in a rapidly changing world. We don't just work with our clients to manage risk, we help them understand and grab the opportunities it presents too, helping them gain a competitive advantage. Our expertise and industry knowledge run deep here. At Deloitte, you'll find yourself working with some of the most inspiring and experienced colleagues and with clients who trust you to lead the way to smart choices, better control frameworks, and new systems, including bespoke solutions that have a direct impact on their bottom line. Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process. About Deloitte
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
SLRSKA BACYBR CFTECH
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see #removed#/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 175890
Role: Senior Manager or Director, Public Sector, Cyber Risk, Risk Advisory, Edinburgh
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: London (Central), London (Greater), London (Greater)
Apply for this job now.