We are recruiting for a Fire Extinguisher Service Technician for a well established client based in London. Our client has been leading the way in fire safety and prevention for over 45 years. They pride themselves on creating products that work better and last longer than competitors to meet their client demands.
- To carry out fire extinguisher maintenance that comply with associated regulatory standards and industry best practice.
- Build and maintain good relationships with clients.
- High standard of customer service.
- Provide technical expertise to customers which includes installing, maintain and carry out repairs.
- Work over a geographical area prioritising work loads. Some nights away may be required.
- Work closely with clients to provide equipment and advice that support the client's business and requirements
- Arrange appointments to carry out scheduled service or surveys or remedial work.
- Plan working routes in a time and fuel effective manner
- Service, install or remove and properly dispose of fire extinguishers or extinguisher parts, as necessary.
- Carry out site surveys as directed.
- Carry out and follow specific contract instructions
- Work in a safe clean and environmentally friendly way.
- Remove packaging and/or redundant or faulty parts from the Clients premises at the end of each job
- Complete the correct work logs using the equipment provided.
- Report on activities as directed daily.
- Complete PDA system accurately for all work undertaken in a timely manner to facilitate invoicing.
- Report any discrepancies to the Operations team
- Report any sales leads or opportunities to the Operations Director without delay
- Maintain vehicle and lockup to a high standard of cleanliness
- Participate in stock checks and Audits as required.
To succeed you will need to hold a current BAFE certificate, be able to pass a full DBS check as you will be working in areas that require these certificates, and hold a full, current, and clean driver's licence.
You will be certified to assess Fire doors would be an advantage.
You will be able to demonstrate that you have great attention to detail, have technical aptitude, along with great energy and the drive to deliver results.
- Previous experience in working with Fire Extinguisher industry
- Working in Service Industry roles with direct customer contact.
- Working remotely without supervision from the head office environment.
- Understanding of Quality standards.
- Ability to work to deadlines with flexibility and enthusiasm.
- Ability to use power tools.
- Able to carry/lift fire extinguishers, tools and equipment as required.
- Cover long distances between extinguisher points.
- Carry out detailed site surveys using measuring equipment.
What's on offer?
- Monday to Friday with flexible start times, 42.5 hour week.
- Uncapped Commission Scheme based on invoice of work
- 20 Days Holiday a year plus bank holidays
- Company Van provided which you can take home (not for personal use)
- Commsission Scheme
What qualifications do I need?
- Candidates will have good GCSE's or equivalent with a grade A - C in Maths and English.
- BS5306 Fire Extinguisher maintenance qualification - Accredited by BAFE or FETA.
- Previous experience in servicing extinguishers or experience in the fire safety industry or HM forces will be viewed positive