Job Title: Science Teacher
Location: Reddish, Stockport, Greater Manchester
Hours: 37.5 per week (School hours, Mon - Fri)
Teaching Personnel are currently working with x2 secondary SEMH provisions in the Reddish area of Stockport, who are currently looking for a Science Teacher for the new academic year in September 2021.
The schools are independent specialist schools for boys and girls aged from 5 to 18, catering for children with social emotional and mental health difficulties, with a high proportion of children who have a diagnosis of ASC. They pride themselves in steering children in the right direction, nurturing aspiration to progress them both academically and socially to encourage them to take pride in their achievements. Socially, they build conﬁdence in our students so they are able to have a greater understanding of the wider community in which they live.Areas of Responsibilities & Key Tasks
• Be responsible for the learning and the achievement of all pupils in the class(es) ensuring equality of opportunity for all;
• Create a purposeful learning environment;
• Teaching, according to individual educational needs, the pupils assigned to him/her, including the setting and marking of work to be carried out by the pupils in school and elsewhere;
• Know how to make effective personalised provision/effectively provide differentiated tasks for those they teach;
• Know how to use skills in literacy, numeracy and ICT to support their teaching and wider professional activities;
• Use assessment as part of their teaching to diagnose learners' needs, set realistic and challenging targets for improvement, and plan future teaching.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks, such as Enhanced DBS checks on the Update Service, x2 school based employment references, an up to date CV covering a 5-year career history and any other applicable checks.