Summary of Responsibilities:
The Tax Manager is responsible for the efficient, accurate, complete, and timely preparation of all clients’ tax returns whether prepared personally or by supervision of others. Advanced technical skills in a variety of tax and accounting areas, along with well-developed and applied management and supervisory
skills are required. The Tax Manager may have input on any tax issue presented.
- Performs technical tax review and approval of all tax returns and governmental tax examinations of any complexity.
- Assumes full responsibility for larger tax returns and delegates to the various tax preparers as deemed necessary.
- Delegates, manages, and performs tax research projects to achieve an accurate and efficient product.
- Participates actively in client meetings and tax planning efforts to assist the Auditing and Accounting Department w/ larger clients.
- Acts as a resource for tax preparers/specialists and A&A staff on specific tax issues and/or questions.
- Assists and supervises tax preparers with the more complex business returns.
- Assumes client service responsibility for clients the tax manager works directly with or clients where the responsibility is delegated from the partner.
- Communicates to the appropriate firm personnel important tax and tax developments affecting the firm’s clients.
- Maintains familiarity with qualifications of all tax staff members; reviews staff assignments for appropriateness.
- Works to develop responsible, trained staff by assisting in recruiting, performance evaluations, developing training aids, and acting as an instructor in
professional development programs.
- Assumes responsibility for smooth flow of tax returns through the tax preparation system to assure accurate, complete and timely preparation and
delivery of all clients’ tax returns.
- Possesses a complete knowledge of the firm’s philosophy and its opinions on tax matters.
- Maintains knowledge of general economic and political trends of possible tax or other legislation that could affect the business climate.
- Participates in firm’s practice development efforts through involvement w/ referral sources, community and industry activities.
- Responsible for the engagement profitability — billings and collections.
- Participate in firm’s committees and management meetings.
- Proficiency in use of computer tax preparation, tax research, and tax planning software programs.
- Ability to operate a computer and calculator.
- Willingness to become a part of the firm’s Mentoring Program.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Participates in career development program to improve managerial, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- 5+ years of experience performing research and providing quality technical advice.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate leadership and supervisory skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including proven experience liaising with clients.
- Self starter with the ability to work independently and use good judgment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or related equivalent, as well as CPA certification.
- Masters of Science degree in Taxation or a J.D. highly preferred for Tax Management Position.
- Minimum of forty hours of continuing education is required each year to maintain and develop technical and business skills, as well as to maintain
CFS is a leading, employee-owned accounting and financial staffing firm—the largest one founded by CPA firms. With more than two decades of experience helping companies locate, attract and hire exceptional accounting & finance professionals, CFS has unique resources to better understand hiring needs, attract higher-caliber candidates and assess candidate potential. Established in 1994, CFS today operates 30+ offices across 21 states and the Caribbean. Serving most major U.S. markets and beyond, CFS connects companies with candidates, from entry-level to executive level, temporary to direct hire and project support to interim management.
CFS has twice been named to Forbes’ list of “Best Professional Recruiting Firms” and twice cited by LinkedIn as one of the “Most Socially Engaged Staffing Agencies.”
Role: Tax Manager
Location: Los Angeles,
Apply for this job now.