COMPANY: EVOLUTION RECRUITMENT SOLUTIONS LTD
JOB TYPE: Permanent, Full Time
If you're going to work with design, you've also got to be prepared to explain it to whoever is the decision maker, be that management or customers. You may have a great idea, but if you can't explain why, it is not going to be implemented.
As such, we are looking for a Network Architect with the ability to articulate themselves to techies and none techies alike. Someone who has strong critical thinking, diagramming and verbal skills and is comfortable being the face of the organisation working directly with customers.
Sound like you? Then I want to speak to you! The Role b>
You'll be working on site with one of the companies key clients 3-5 times a week. We get that work is something you do not somewhere you go, so you will have the option of working from home a couple of times a week as well. However, building a strong relationship with the customer is an essential part of this role and your presence will be needed on site for the majority of the week.
You'll need the ability to work with them to gain their respect/ trust, whilst also gathering and understanding their requirements. Followed by developing/ assessing and designing a collaborative technical solution that can be handed to a project team to be built or implemented.
We aren't looking for a 'Yes Man', we need you to be able to manage expectations using your critical thinking and objection handling. Thinking about things such as whether the design is sustainable. Are there enough staff, with enough skills, to support the network? Is the network unnecessarily complex, or is there a simpler way it could have been built?
The work is challenging, but overall it is extremely rewarding.
In addition to this you'll also:
- Execute design integration across multiple technology platforms. li>
- Identify potential new business opportunities following technical recommendations, gap or risk analysis based on sound business acumen and an acute sense of guarding scope in all direct customer discussions li>
- Set and communicate business as usual (BAU) operational standards and maintain a defined quality of operation. li>
- Transform high level solutions into working services, detailing the standard products and non-standard elements where required and verifies that all solutions can be delivered and supported in Service Operations by the Operations Centres, third-party vendors and Program Management Organisations. li> ul> Key Skills b>
- Experience in a lead role taking technical ownership of design and implementation on global deployment projects for large scale customer networks. li>
- Experience at presenting to C-level audiences. li>
- Technical knowledge & experience to Cisco CCIE or similar level with focus on Data Centre, WAN, LAN, WLAN, MPLS, IPSEC, BGP, QoS, Unified Comms. li>
- Knowledge of multiple vendor products. li>
- Ability to apply Agile principles and adapt to Engineering to deliver value quickly, get customer feedback regularly, adjust early and often. li>
- Excellent written and verbal Communications both skills able to describe technical solutions and features to users and target audience. li> ul>
The Company b>
You'll be joining one of the largest communication technology companies in the world. One that doesn't wait for the future, it builds it! Built up of problem-solvers, engineers, technologists, and innovators. It's a business that connects millions of people, companies and communitieswith technology. You'll be working with the latest technology developing cutting edge solutions to everyday problems.
To apply for the role or find out more please contact Jack Mather at Evolution Recruitment Solutions.
Role: Network Architect - Cisco, Network Design, Data Centre, WAN, LAN, WLAN
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Leeds, Yorkshire and the Humber, Yorkshire and the Humber
Apply for this job now.