Interested in making your mark at a 100% employee-owned firm? Wiley|Wilson has 180+ employee-owners serving clients from five offices and we are looking for the right person to grow with us!
Wiley|Wilson has a very successful electrical engineering practice in building systems design, with a focus on mission critical facilities, plus a specialty in medium voltage campus distribution and microgrid design.
The engineer selected for this position will, among other things:
- Support a project team to provide engineering design packages for federal, municipal, university and industrial clients
- Write technical specifications for building systems equipment
- Support construction and commissioning activities for building system projects
- Develop models of power systems and perform detailed short circuit calculations, coordination studies, and arc flash hazard assessments
- Create schematic diagrams such as one-lines and riser diagrams, control system wiring diagrams, and network connection diagrams
- Perform detailed field data collection as required to successfully execute projects
- Work collaboratively with the electrical team across all offices to progress internal standards and aid in the development of your colleagues
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Employee ownership (ESOP)
- Generous benefits, including:
- Multiple group health insurance options
- 401k with up to 6% matching contribution
- Four weeks of PTO + 9 holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- ...and much more!
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited institution
- Registered Engineer in Training (EIT) in North Carolina, or obtain through reciprocity within 3 months of start date
- Functional knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD
- Familiarity with system modeling software (i.e. ETAP, SKM)
- Knowledge and application of sustainable design practices
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the United States
- Candidate must be eligible to obtain a security clearance
- 2-4 years of experience in Electrical Engineering is required
- Prior consulting experience is preferred
- Building system design experience is preferred
- Federal government design experience is a plus
Wiley|Wilson is a full-service architecture-engineering firm, specializing in creating innovative and functional design solutions for our government, institutional, and private-sector clients around the world. Our diverse mix of projects, generous benefits, and focus on professional growth provides a truly unique opportunity for you to elevate your career.
As a 100-percent employee-owned company, our 180+ employees share a stake in our success through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). The ownership model, coupled with our focus on service and engagement, creates a distinct company culture. Wiley|Wilson has offices in Alexandria, Lynchburg, Richmond, VA; Raleigh, NC; and Atlanta, GA.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
- EOE/AAP, Disability/Covered veteran, Drug Free Workplace
- RDO43, Electrical Engineer in Training (EIT), Building system design