Job Title: Automotive Technician - (Performance Car & Bike Specialist Desirable)
Role Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Wellingborough, Northamptonshire
Salary: £20,000 - £30,000
A great opportunity has arisen from our client for a permanent high calibre Automotive Technician who is adaptable and highly motivated. The client is a busy high end bike & car workshop specialising in the performance end of the market. They offer an extremely wide range of services and products for both retail and track motorcycles and cars. Set out in 2 units, the business has 4 vehicle lifts and with the very latest equipment including a brand new 4WD rolling road we look after some of the most prestigious vehicle brands in the world and we maintain premium luxury sports cars & bikes alike.
THE SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
* Fully skilled technician (Cars) (& Motorcycles optional but would be useful)
* Wide knowledge and understanding of vehicle systems (Cars) (& Motorcycles optional but would be useful)
*Excellent diagnostics & fault finding ability (inc Snap-on Verus & VAG-Com)
* Engine remapping skills/dyno set up work (We have a 4WD rolling road/dyno) (Cars)
*Skills including engine tuning & setting up of carburettors etc
*Suspension set up & principles knowledge
*Fabrication skills including welding, making brackets etc
*Good understanding of engineering & machining principles
*Ability to review and understanding electrical harness/wiring diagrams
* Adaptable & flexible working approach
* Perform all work assigned quickly, economically and to Company and Manufacturer's standards.
* Advise the manager if additional work is required on a vehicle and seek his assistance and authority in the rectification of faults.
* Supervise and assist with the training of any apprentice when requested by the manager.
* Maintain a high level of competence for the work to be undertaken by undergoing on-site training, attending courses at suppliers and manufacturers and reading technical bulletins as required.
* Discuss with customers, problems with the vehicle as requested (Total Involvement).
* Ensure the Company image of professionalism and quality of service is maintained when dealing with customers.
* Operate equipment and carry out all duties in a safe manner.
* Maintain equipment, protective clothing and work areas in a clean, tidy and safe condition.
* Assist management with the introduction of new methods of work designed to improve efficiency.
* Carry out any other duties as required.
The person appointed in the role of Automotive Technician will have:
* The ability skills to work efficiently and safely to produce work of the highest standard
* A high level of knowledge and experience (Bikes & cars)
* Adaptable & flexible attitude and possess a GSoH
* Portray a smart and professional image
* The ability to comply with all company and manufacturer's disciplines and procedures
The position of Automotive Technician offers excellent terms and benefits including:
* A competitive salary
* Overtime (Occasional)
* Good holiday allowance
If you have the relevant experience, then we would love to hear from you. Please send us your CV today for immediate consideration or call us on (Interaction Recruitment, Kettering)
Role: Automotive Technician
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Wellingborough, East Midlands
Apply for this job now.