Job Summary: This position is responsible for leading select manufacturing operations and personnel by identifying and implementing “best in class and industry” practices, technologies and methodologies in the high-end commercial furniture and related space. Ensure safe, efficient and timely production of high quality goods and services.
1. Function as the manufacturing operations leader in support of select daily business requirements, while ensuring the utmost urgency in safe, efficient and on-time production of goods and services within budget and to standard, as well as in support of new product development.
2. Work with key stakeholders to drive process improvements and technology advancements that quantitatively and qualitatively improve costs, quality and service.
3. Lead projects and/or cross functional teams in identifying, evaluating, and developing effective processes, procedures and solutions to meet business needs.
4. Provide training on new practices, technologies and methodologies to employees, monitor and report on results and perform typical administrative activities such as user issue resolution.
Working Conditions/Physical Factors:
1. Office & manufacturing environment: working with a computer and phone.
2. Exposure to physical conditions associated with a manufacturing and warehouse environment.
Other Duties as Assigned:
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Bachelor’s degree in engineering or the sciences, or business preferred, high school diploma or equivalent required.
2. 5+ years manufacturing supervision experience desired, furniture-related manufacturing background a plus.
3. Understanding and experience in Lean Manufacturing preferred.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of safety and quality assurance programs required.
5. Computing skills with the Microsoft Office suite of programs required, EPICOR and/or ERP familiarity and Solidworks preferred.
6. Demonstrated understanding of continuous improvement methodologies and ability to implement effective improvement strategies and solutions preferred.
7. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations and manage multiple projects.
8. Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
9. Ability to contribute to growth through strong team interactions, building relationships with key decision-makers and working collaboratively with employees, clients, and prospects.
10. A good grasp of critical thinking skills to successfully effect change and drive results.
In 1956, the Golden family launched Stylex to address opportunities they perceived for more refined seating. Their idea was not simply to be a better seating manufacturer, but also to understand better how seating is used and how it complements its surrounding environment.
Today, the company is owned and run by Bruce and John Golden. While much has changed over more than 60 years, the foundation and vision on which the company was built remains. Our goal is to apply our experience together with an enterprising, inventive spirit. There is no second string at Stylex, and everyone from our CEO to our receptionist works with customers, specifiers, and designers every day. That, in turn, lets us better understand and more rapidly refine the aesthetics, performance, value, and service that create truly engaging products.
Role: Manufacturing Operations Manager
Apply for this job now.