Spire Leicester Hospital is expanding the scope of services we offer our patients and are looking for experienced Pre-Assessment Nurse to join our established team.
Founded in 1989, Spire Leicester is a high performing hospital with a great track record in superior patient care. We practice some of the most advanced treatments on the latest generation imaging, and diagnostic technology, meaning we can offer everything from screening, rehabilitation and cutting-edge surgical procedures in specialist fields like orthopaedics and cancer care.
Duties and responsibilities
You will work closely with the hospital MDT and have your own caseload of patients for which you will take responsibility for from start to finish.
- Our team works a variety of hours to support a healthy work/life balance
- You will have a strong understanding of, and the ability, to follow policies and criteria for surgical suitability
- Completing pre-operative checks and referring on for review as and where needed
- Liaising with GP's to follow through on any extra care needed to reduce cancellations
- You will undergo your pre-assessment course, fully funded
Who we're looking for
- NMC registered - your pin should not have any restrictions or conditions
- Previous experience in pre-assessment or surgical nursing
- Level 6 or 7 clinical examination skills would be advantageous
- Confidence in your knowledge of when to refer candidates
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional time management is key in this pressurised role
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- 'Spire for you' reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Hannah Radford on [... Click Apply...]or [... Click Apply...] For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.