Hays Accountancy & Finance are recruiting on an exclusive basis for an independent charitable company supporting the development and growth of the education system in Northern Ireland. Using the momentum created by Campaigns, Websites, and Achievements in Fundraising, Advocacy and Grant making, this organisation aims to increase integrated school places to an initial 10% as well as help to bring about reform of the education system.
Your new role
The Administration and Finance Officer will work with the Head of Operations to support all elements of the Fund's work.
- Undertake specific book-keeping functions and assist with the financial administration of the Fund including ensuring incoming invoices are accurate, raising of cheques, maintaining cheque journal and other financial records in Excel and/or an accounting software package such as Sage
- Analysing staff usage of mobile phones, business credit card etc and producing an analysis of fundraising event costs (monthly) and donations (annual). Carry out financial and statistical research, maintain the Financial Policy & Procedures Manual and Assets Register and update/amend each as necessary.
- Provide clerical assistance to the Senior Management Team and other staff as required as well as general office support services including photocopying, filing and the updating of databases.
- Process incoming mail (routing, photocopying, distributing, filing) and outgoing mail (operating franking machine, maintaining postage records, delivery of mail to nearby Post Office). Co-ordinate bulk mailings through Whistl post or similar.
- Undertake diary management including monthly monitoring of staff absence; booking of meeting rooms; online office calendar; setting up and arranging Office Meetings to ensure the maximum number of staff are able to attend.
- Liaise with external suppliers of, for example, stationery; cleaning supplies; and drinking water to ensure adequate supplies are maintained, without overstocking, and that the best prices are obtained, diligently following up on any invoicing queries.
- Welcome visitors on arrival, presenting a friendly and efficient 'front of house' for all those contacting or visiting the Fund.
What you'll need to succeed
Candidates must have either:
2 A-levels or equivalent plus two year's administration experience
3 year's broad-based administration experience In both cases, the administration experience must have been gained within the last five years, in a similar role at a similar level, in an office or similar environment
- A full driving licence and access to private transport for work purposes, with appropriate insurance, or access to another form of transport, with appropriate insurance, that would allow the post holder to meet the travel requirements of the post in full
- GCSE English and Maths, Grade C or above, or equivalent
- Proficiency in computer skills including word processing (Word), the operation of databases (Access) and spreadsheets (Excel) as well as Outlook and the internet
What you'll get in return
Salary: NJC Scale 4-5, Points 18-25 (currently £18,870 - £23,111 pa), depending on experience.
Pension: A workplace pension scheme with The Workers Pension Trust and will contribute at least the minimum level for employers that has been set out by Government legislation on behalf of all employees enrolled in the scheme. Currently they will contribute 5% of gross salary.
Hours: 35 hrs per week, normally within the period 9.00am - 5.00pm, Monday - Friday.
Type of Post: Full-time Overtime: None.
Time off in lieu (TOIL) is given for any agreed additional hours worked.
Holidays: 20 days annual leave plus 14 days customary holidays per annum.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Shaun Hawkins now on 02890446911.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Role: Finance & Admin Officer
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Belfast, County Antrim, County Antrim
Apply for this job now.