Do you have a Psychology degree?
Are you looking to gain experience working with children?
Are you exploring the possibility of pursuing a career as an Educational Psychologist?
We want to hear from you!
Teaching Personnel is working with a client secondary school in Newport to recruit for a full time teaching assistant to support their pupils until the end of the academic year.
The Psychology Grad Teaching Assistant role is perfect for graduates who want to learn what it's like to work within education, or for graduates wanting to gain school experience in order to join a PGCE later down the line.
What does a Psychology Graduate Teaching Assistant do?
- Support students through the core subjects
- Provide support to pre-planned small groups and 1-1 sessions, promote positive pupil behaviour and development, and assist the class teacher with the day to day running of the classroom.
- Use your psychology degree to nurture and become a role model!
You will work with students on a 1:1 basis that struggle with their behaviour/learning. As a Psychology graduate, you will have an advantageous understanding of Additional Learning Needs (ALN) such as autism and ADHD, and so you will also have exposure to supporting ALN (Additional Learning Needs) pupils with needs such as autism, ADHD, and learning difficulties.
Your knowledge will help contribute to the effective formation of interventions to enable pupils to reach their full potential.
- Psychology degree essential
- Experience working with children is desirable
- Confident, resilient, and empathetic
- Enhanced DBS check & EWC registration - Teaching Personnel can help you apply for this!
What will you get in return?
- You will join a very supportive department with guidance and CPD training opportunities
- Hands on paid experience supporting children with a variety of needs to help further your career goals
- Competitive pay rates with NO umbrella fees! (£300 - £350 a week depending on experience)
- A personal education consultant dedicated to supporting you throughout your role
- Refer a friend scheme - if you have any friends that are looking to work in schools, you will receive £50 for each one you refer to join us!
Details & How to Apply:
This role is to begin on Monday 1st February and will be for the rest of the academic year. There will be an opportunity to join the school on a contract directly pending a review in July.
This is a full time role, however if you are interested but seeking part time work please aplpy and state this in your application.
Please apply with your CV or give Jess a call on 01633 370 633.
Psychology Graduate | Teaching Assistant | Behaviour Support | Additional Learning Needs | Secondary School | Newport