Company: EMBASSY SUITES GEORGETOWN
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
The Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington DC- Georgetown is looking for an energetic Engineer to join it's team!
Our culture fosters teamwork, guest service, and individual accountability. We strive to provide exceptional service, quality, and value to every guest, every time. We are looking to hire the most highly qualified people and provide a competitive benefits package which include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Vacation, Sick and Holiday Pay
- Company Basic Life Insurance
- Company paid Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Company paid Short Term Disability
- Company paid Long term Disability
- 401k Retirement Plan
Responsibilities include monitors, maintains, repairs and performing various tasks, including but not limited to carpentry, plumbing, electrical, air conditioning, painting, wall covering and masonry to ensure a well-maintained property.
- Responds to guest calls related to maintenance issues in a positive, polite and timely manners such as monitor rooms and public space temperatures, making appropriate adjustments when necessary;
- Repairs, or replace items such as light bulbs, lamps, switches, outlets, faucets, toilets, hardware, filters, paint, furniture, wall coverings, caulking, grouting or other miscellaneous items;
- Performs scheduled and non-scheduled maintenance on all heating, ventilation, air conditioning and related equipment, including making repairs such as replacing mechanical seals, re-packing;
- Pumps and valves, replacing bearings and belts, checking for proper alignment, repairing fan coil units, brazing and soldering, calibrating controls, working on pressure vessels, replacing piping and fittings;
- Performs facility preventive maintenance and maintains appropriate record of it.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by manager.
- Knowledge of all maintenance trades, including basic electrical, plumbing, mechanical and carpentry.
- Basic mechanical aptitude for operation and repair of hotel equipment
- Working knowledge of basic hand and power tools
- Ability to communicate effectively and pleasantly in English with guests and staff
- Ability to move throughout building, bend, stoop and reach on continuous basis up to an 8-hour shift.
- High School graduate or equivalent preferred;
- Min., 6 months basic experience in maintenance trades, including electrical, plumbing, mechanical and carpentry.
EOE - minorities/Females/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
We are a drug free workplace. Pre-employment background assessment required.
Due to the volume of applicants, we are unable to respond to all applicants. We respectfully request No Phone Calls Please.