Here at Skipton our colleagues join us with a wide variety of skills and often have little or no experience working in financial services, and we love that. We celebrate the different skills, experiences and opinions you’ll bring to the role. All your training would be provided by our in-house development team and that support will continue throughout your time with us.
As a Customer Service Adviser, you’ll be the first point of contact for our customers. Our members will call for a variety of reasons from simple withdrawals to more personable calls such as bereavement calls, but you’ll need to treat each call with the same level of care and compassion as the last.
What You'll Bring:
Our customer service colleagues come from all walks of life with varying levels of experience. No matter our age, background or history we all believe in providing great customer service and have a passion for helping others. We are looking for enthusiastic, hardworking and inquisitive individuals to support our customers with their savings and mortgage queries.
- Communicate well by listening and building rapport to understand our customers
- Work well in a team and show genuine passion for great customer service
- Adapt to an ever-changing industry
- Use standard computer software i.e. Outlook and Microsoft office
- Demonstrate empathy and initiative to provide solutions
- Drive your own continuous development
- Bring an enthusiastic, positive attitude with a real desire to help others
About Skipton Building Society
We are proud to be named in the top 25 companies to work for, you could be a part of this and benefit from our wide variety of career options. We put as much work into supporting our colleagues as we do to support our customers. Skipton Building Society has been doing this since 1853, the world has changed since then and so have we, but our values have stayed the same.
- 25 days paid holiday per annum plus bank holidays (additional day added each year up to 30 days)
- Matched pension contribution
- Downloadable shift app
- Eyecare and flu vouchers
- Subsidised gym memberships
- Free wills
- Cycle to work scheme and annual rail season tickets
- Holiday trading
- Free onsite parking available
- On site restaurant
Skipton are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age