This position is responsible for assigned Technical Operations of the Forensic Toxicology Laboratory. The position reports to the Laboratory Manager.
PRINCIPLE ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Review GCMS confirmation data, enter result into LIMS System, report results.
2. Perform extraction methods on urine specimens to test for drugs of abuse.
3. Maintaining the quality of the laboratory by providing legally and scientifically defensible results, maintaining licenses, certificates, personnel files, waste management requirements, facility requirements and checks, instrument requirements and checks, security, laboratory controls, laboratory calibrators, chemical and reagent documentation, certification and labeling, chemical hygiene plan, spill response plan, MSDS's, Standard Operating Procedures and emergency evacuation plans.
4. Ensured that technical personnel have demonstrated proficiency in assigned duties prior to working independently.
5. Establish and ensured that the Standard Operating Procedure Manual is complete, current, available, and followed by all personnel.
6. Ensured that all personnel are properly informed and communicated to in a timely efficient manner.
7. Ensured that analytical methods, instruments and the laboratory information system are properly validated.
8. Establishing and maintaining a Laboratory Information Management System that appropriately supports the laboratories function and purpose.
9. Provide acceptable responses to internal or external corrective actions.
10. Maintain certification and compliance requirements of Phamatech's testing laboratory.
11. Provide expert testimony or witness of laboratory results and practices.
12. Must perform all duties and responsibilities within Quality System guidelines.
13. All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Experience or Knowledge with Forensic Toxicology Laboratory or equivalent laboratory experience.
2. EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
B.S. in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, toxicology or other related science.
Training required shall be conducted as defined within the Company Standard Operating Procedure Manuals.
We are looking for friendly hard-working individuals who can multi-task and prioritize duties. Serious applicants apply only.
This is a full-time position. We offer medical insurance after probationary period along with PTO.
Phamatech Inc. was founded in 1991 by a small group of dedicated scientists and business executives. We have grown steadily over the years to become a major provider of rapid medical diagnostic devices for home healthcare and clinical settings worldwide. Phamatech Inc. is committed to manufacturing products and providing services that enhance our customer's medical care, health awareness and quality of life by aiding in the early diagnosis of medical conditions in a cost-effective manner.
We are looking for friendly hard-working individuals who can multi-task and prioritize duties.
Serious applicants apply only.
There are part-time and full-time positions available.
Phamatech, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Go to # to download and complete application packet.
Please send completed application packet to be considered to #removed#
Please state which position you are applying for in the subject line.
Role: Certifying Scientist
Location: San Diego,
Apply for this job now.