A fast growing Construction Company is searching for a Project Superintendent with a minimum of 20 years experience in Construction. Preference will be given to someone who had worked on Federal Projects involving the General Services Administration and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. Experience in Tenant Improvement and Renovations is a big plus. Employer is willing to make a generous offer to the qualified applicant.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities of Superintendent:
- Schedule subcontractors, consultants, and vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion.
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed.
- Communicate with project team regarding RFI’s, and Material Submittals.
- Ensure that subcontractor is fully executing and complying with his contracted scope of work.
- Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions.
- Identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety, health, and environmental quality standards.
- Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to project team for resolution.
- Maintain daily log (written) of activities on the jobsite.
- Perform Superintendent duties at multiple job sites, simultaneously.
- Ensure subcontractor has corrected all deficiencies identified by project team.
- Walk all areas of the Project on a daily basis to monitor activities and assist in future planning.
- Preside over weekly subcontractor meetings designed to coordinate the work.
- Issue notices of non-compliance to subcontractors in regards to quality of work or scheduling.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Provide direction to and resolve problems amongst multiple subcontractors and vendors.
- Ability to identify deficient work and provide resolution. computers, digital camera.
- Blueprint reading.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service ; Responds to requests for service and assistance;
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs;
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum of twenty years of verifiable experience, thorough knowledge of various Construction trades and be computer literate. Experience in tenant improvement is preferred. Office experience of Microsoft office (Excel, Word, Project & Outlook) is also preferred. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine daily reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
A dynamic and fast growing Company specializing in Design-Build and Tenant Improvement Projects with the Federal and other Government Agencies. Service Areas include Santa Barbara County in the North to San Diego County in the South.
Role: Construction Project Superintendent
Location: Los Angeles,
Apply for this job now.