Location: Northern NJ
Length of Assignment: 12-18 months
Rate range: $75 - $95 per hour
Start date: ASAP
Candidate will be a key member of a technical team responsible for the development, design, and integration of FPGA-based solutions in support of next generation inertial navigation systems, including sensor interface and control circuitry for use in military aircraft, UAV's, missiles, land vehicles, and sea platforms.
Candidate must be proficient in current VHDL coding standards, simulation, revision control, and problem reporting tools associated with the FPGA development process. Heavy preference is for a candidate with a strong background in high-reliability, requirements-based designs guided by the DO-254 documentation, implementation and verification process. Software writing experience is another plus.
Position responsibilities include producing documented circuit design specifications that meet and trace to system requirements satisfying applicable certifiable programmable device design processes.
- Analyze system requirements specification, designate, document and trace to programmable device design requirements
- Digital circuit design applicable to targeted FPGA, SoC and MPSoC technologies
- VHDL coding, behavioral testbench generation
- Prepare for and hold design presentations and code reviews
- Design verification and qualification testing
- Strong logic design skills
- Well versed in common simulation and design verification tools and techniques
- DOORS requirements management experience
- Preferred: DO-254 design environment experience
- Familiar with C, C++ software
- Familiar with component derating and stress analysis
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, M.S. preferred
- 12+ years in electronics design and development
- HDL design (ModelSim) and verification (8-10 years of experience) on vendor-specific design tools i.e. Vivado (Xilinx), Libero (Microsemi)
- Experience with defense/aerospace hardware/environments, MILSTDs
- Familiarity preferred: SharePoint, revision control (SVN)
- Test equipment and lab instrumentation
- Must be a US citizen
Backed by more than 70 years of specialized engineering staffing, EngineeringTemp, an ENSER Company, provides engineering staffing expertise to companies and businesses like yours. Because of our years of experience, we are able to staff highly skilled engineering professionals into the top engineering jobs in the industry. We understand that successful recruiting isn't about a lot of resumes; it's about the right resumes. Some of the engineering positions we place are;
Subject Matter Experts
Role: Principal Engineer – FPGA/VHDL Design (Must be US citizen)
Location: New Brunswick,
Apply for this job now.