Infrastructure & Application Monitoring Engineer
The Systems Management function is part of the Digital Services Corporate Infrastructure Team who are responsible for:
Infrastructure and Application Monitoring tools
- The tools that support the Desktop and Server Build, Software Deployment and Configuration processes
- Strategic Source Code Control platforms
- Enterprise search infrastructure and related data flow tools
- Desktop and server patching process support
- Designing and creating monitoring solutions for new services
- Design and development of data ingest and extract pipelines
- Automation that ties all the above together
They currently have an opportunity for a Senior Systems Management Engineer. General responsibilities include build, provisioning, support, maintenance and availability management of the infrastructure and associated software technologies supported by the team.
- Enhancing infrastructure and application monitoring capability with automation and integration with multiple data sources so it can provide more targeted, timely information to reduce time-to-fix
- Supporting new ways of working in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Providing automated data collection and distribution services across the business and extending this to external partners.
The successful candidate will show strong aptitudes for problem solving, systems thinking, team working and communicating with technical and non-technical audiences as well as experience of the following:
- Solid experience of working with Microsoft Server (2012/2016) or Red Hat Enterprise Linux (6/7/8)
- Experience with one or more Scripting languages for example PowerShell, Unix Shell Scripts, Perl or Python
- Good understanding of networking technologies, protocols, subnets and IP Addressing.
- An understanding of TLS/SSL/PKI concepts and certificate deployment and renewal
- Web service fundamentals and an understanding of how to access APIs via SOAP or REST
- Experience in a support role working within a recognised industry framework for incident and change management (eg ITIL 3)
- Demonstrate methodical and analytical approach in troubleshooting, problem solving with a sense of ownership.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to produce clear and concise documentation and reports
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
Role: Infrastructure & Application Monitoring Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Warrington, Cheshire,
Apply for this job now.