Served as a senior SME who will lead multiple projects through the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), architected Risk Management Framework policy and methodology for large, Federated information systems and network models, and performed in a variety of different roles in that life cycle. The position requires experience with:
- Hardware platforms including mainframes, distributed platforms, Cloud solutions, desktops, and mobile devices.
- A broad and deep understanding of Databases and Federal information system security requirements and technologies.
- Provided senior subject matter expertise within USDA, federated organization
- Acts as a bridge between enterprise architecture and application architecture ensuring the support of USDA's Agencies and Staff Offices in carrying out their business and mission objectives while still ensuring Federal IT Security compliance requirements are met.
- Provides subject matter expertise in the design and development of processes including IT Security Governance, Risk and Compliance, IT Security Policy, Secure Software Development Life Cycle design and implementation
- Provides subject matter expertise in secure Networking, information systems design and development, and Federal information security compliance surrounding Federal information systems and data in a variety of topologies
- Provides consulting guidance in the design, planning and governance of strategic and cross organizational rationalization or optimization of USDA's security related services, processes or components
- Ability to share and communicate ideas clearly, both orally and in writing, to executive staff, business sponsors, and technical resources in clear concise language that is the parlance of each group
Other responsibilities include:
- Convey USDA-level guidance and assistance in complying with current NIST, FISMA, OMB, and USDA IT security-related A&A guidance and policies
- Provide Department-mandated official guidance to individual agencies with regard to existing, new or changing USDA IT Security A&A initiatives
- Assist and advise Department-level leadership personnel, including Agencies during all phases of the RMF process
- Serve as Senior IT Solutions and Federal information security compliance subject matter expert to Department-level leadership
- Must keep up-to-date regarding each agency's mission and purpose, as well as in-depth knowledge of their overall network and system-specific infrastructure for each system, for each agency
- Complete weekly status reports
- Advise on remediation of IT Security related recommendations as outlined in IT Security related Audit Findings and Reports.
Soft-Con Enterprises Inc. is an information technology firm that offers consulting and system integration services as well as products and business solutions tailored to our client's needs. We deliver value to our clients by combining knowledge of their businesses with experience across the information technology spectrum.
Soft-Con does not sponsor Visa candidates at this time. To be considered for this position, you must have the legal right to work in the US without sponsorship.
Role: Sr. IT Security Architect
Apply for this job now.