Colonial Bookkeeping & Tax, Inc is growing and looking to add a like-minded individual to their firm in a role that has potential for shareholder ownership. We are team-oriented and highly value work/life balance. This is a part time/full time position that offers flexible hours and the ability to work remotely.
The Senior Tax Accountant is responsible for performing complex tax preparation, tax research, and tax planning. The Senior Tax Accountant will be responsible for client service excellence, technical subject matter expertise, training and mentoring, and may be assigned tax-in-charge responsibilities.
· Prepare individual, corporate, partnership, nonprofit and trust/estate tax returns
· Review tax returns prepared by colleagues
· Provide tax planning services to businesses and individuals
· Research federal, state, and foreign tax issues and recommend solutions to clients
· Maintain and expand positive relationships with clients
· Respond to routine IRS or state tax notices
· Calculated individual quarterly estimated tax payments
· Experience with complex tax preparation, research, and planning with individual, corporate/partnership returns; experience preparing fiduciary, estate, and gift tax returns a plus
· Ability to provide guidance and assistance to less experienced staff
· Proficiency with QuickBooks, MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook); CCH Axcess
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong inter-personal skills to assist clients and work well with other team members
· Ability to multi-task and complete projects within budgeted time
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s in accounting
· Five years relevant tax experience
If you have the entrepreneurial spirit to grow your career beyond a “job” and are ready to take on a new challenge with long-term, stakeholder potential and rewards, then send your resume along with a cover letter via email to Laura Lech at #removed#
Role: Senior Tax Accountant
Apply for this job now.