Are you an ambitious graduate seeking paid classroom experience? Are you hoping for the opportunity to network within local schools before embarking on teacher training?
Teaching Personnel are seeking to appoint a committed and hard-working individual to work as a Cover Supervisor in a Secondary School in the Solihull area of the West Midlands in September 21 and throughout the academic year. The successful candidate will share the ethos and values of the diverse community and have a passion for supporting children and young people. The successful candidate will benefit from a close-knit and supportive community at this well established school, working in an environment that fosters hard work and creativity. The successful candidate will also have excellent behaviour management skills.
The successful candidate will also benefit from optional CPD. This will provide the perfect opportunity for career progression and to gain relevant skills and experience.
Requirements for the role:
- Degree level education or above
- Experience with children and young people
- DBS check on the Update Service or be willing to get one
Main responsibilities of the role:
- Supervise and cover lessons in the absence of the classroom teacher
- Supporting pupils to engage in learning in the absence of their classroom teacher
- Having an adaptable approach to work with flexible working hours
- Being creative in your approach in guiding pupils through pre-planned objectives
- A passion for education and supporting children
- Embodying the school's values and maintaining the school's behavioural standards