Job Title: Research Associate I
- This is for a contractor position as part of the Pathology Group in Safety Assessment.
- The candidate will be a highly motivated, independent person that will be primarily responsible to support necropsy activities with Safety Assessment. This will include, but are not limited to: Recording scientific observations during gross examinations
- Excising tissue samples including microdissection Collecting fluids for analysis Performing perfusion techniques Freezing tissues Gross photography Quality control of work and entering data in the department database
- The candidate will also be executing and coordinating the logistics of pathology samples for non-clinical studies
- Those responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: lab setup
- LIMS data entry
- Pre-clinical sample handling and shipping preparation
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods.
- Must be comfortable performing some repetitive tasks such as block inventorying.
- Must be comfortable working in a highly interactive team setting and as such must exhibit excellent collaborative and communication skills within their team and with stakeholders.
- Microsoft Office and Google Apps knowledge required.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, highly interactive team environment.
- Animal handling and necropsy experience; proficient in comprehensive necropsy on rodents.
- Manual dexterity for dissection techniques.
- Visual acuity to see small details during specimen examinations.
- Adherence to established policies, procedures and safety requirements.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, management and clients.
- BS degree in animal sciences or similar field with a minimum of 1-2 years recent experience performing the procedures described above is required.
- AALAS certification is desired.
- Proven technical skills, strong interpersonal, communication (oral and written) and organizational skills are required.
- Must be able to lift at least 15 lbs.
- Work hours are commensurate with business needs.
Skills and Experience:
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's Degree
Veteran Status: No
Role: Research Associate I
Location: South San Francisco,
Apply for this job now.