Teaching Assistant - Behaviour Support
Teaching Personnel are currently working with a Mainstream Primary School in Liverpool, wavertree, who are searching for an experienced Teaching Assistant/ Learning Support Assistant to work 1-1 with a pupil with Special Education Needs (SEN) in Year 4. The pupil has autism and some challenging behavioural needs, so requires support with his behaviour management throughout the school day.
The ideal Teaching Assistant will have experience working with children with autism and challenging behaviour and be confident with their behaviour management skills. To be considered for this role it is essential that you have previous experience in a similar position and will be able to hit the ground running in order to assist the pupil emotionally.
You will be working with the pupil during class times, break times and also 1-1 to run interventions and booster sessions.
A lot of your working day will be spent ensuring the pupil is as focused as possible at all times, and supporting their emotional wellbeing.
- Full time, Monday - Friday
- Hours: 8:30am - 3:15pm
- £10 - £11 Per hour
- Mainstream Primary School
Being a SEN Teaching Assistant is a rewarding experience as you will be making a massive difference to a child's life.
The tasks which a SEN TA carries out can include:
- Preparing materials, equipment and lessons
- Assessing the individual learning needs of pupils
- Evaluating and reporting pupils' progress to teachers, carers, healthcare professionals and anybody else who helps them
- Positively managing challenging behaviour and dealing with difficult situations
- Liaising with parents, carers and other professionals who work with the pupils
- Supervising activities such as trips locally.
If you are interested in this role, then please apply with a copy of your up to date CV for immediate consideration. To be put forward for this position you must either be registered or be prepared to register with Teaching Personnel, to go through all of the necessary vetting procedures. If you have similar previous experience and you would like to be put forward for this position, please apply ASAP with a copy of your up to date CV for immediate consideration.