Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and support they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross-section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CareerReady Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP): Through this New York City Department of Youth and Community Development sponsored program, CAMBA places youth ages 16 to 21 in minimum wage work experiences, and oversees their employment. Youth work for six weeks during July and August, and placements are made in both public agencies and private non-profits. Types of work include clerical, custodial, teacher's aides, library assistants, hospital and recreational aides. As a project sponsor since 1995, CAMBA distributes applications, conducts intake, develops jobs, and monitors employment.
Position: Employment Specialist
Reports To: Vice President
Location: 145 Stanton St. New York, NY 10002
What The Employment Specialist Does:
The person filling this position is expected, under general supervision, to:
- Develop and maintain employer relationships with the goal of identifying and meeting their HR needs
- Match appropriate students with appropriate internship openings and arrange for interviews
- Inform prospective employers and student applicants of the features and advantages of CAMBA's internship placement services
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Some college or higher and a minimum of three (2) years of related experience which may include but need not be limited to:
- Working in the field of youth workforce development.
- Providing career coaching and counseling
- Developing worksites
- Must obtain and maintain Dept. of Education fingerprint clearance.
Powered by JazzHR