Role: Mechanical Design Engineer
Contract Length: 12 Months
Location: Thurso, Dounreay, Scotland, Caithness (some remote work)
Salary: £300/day (umbrella)
Security Clearance: BPSS (Willing to undergo SC Clearance)
CV Deadline: 1st at 4pm
- Mechanical CAD design/sketches for layouts concepts in support of project definition.
- Full design of minor enabling mechanical packages where required.
- Support Intelligent customer support to delivery contracts including peer review of mechanical design.
- Provide Quality Control and Management of both 2D drawings and 3D Models produced in support of the delivery projects including transfer management and transfer to the site record systems.
- Produce/co-ordinate Project Documentation including statement of requirements, project plans, technical specifications and project reports.
- Project support including site surveys, drawing and document searches and technical notes.
- Approved drawing checker for Mechanical Design including compliance with standards and procedures
All positions offer flexible working with remote (home) working under the current COVID 19 restrictions. Post COVID arrangements will also include future home/remote working with visits to site or supply chain premises as necessitated by project needs. All roles will be within IR35
Desirable Aptitudes and Experience Required:
- HND in Science/Engineering or equivalent qualifications plus experience
- Experience: 10 years design including chemical process and mechanical handling
- Experience: 5 years in multi-discipline design projects including role as design lead.
- Experience: 5 years in CAD 2D & 3D modelling including AutoCad and Inventor.
- Able to carryout scoping calculations and structural analysis.
- Able to demonstrate good organisational and planning skills
- Good safety awareness including CDM, Industrial and Nuclear
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to organise/co-ordinate staff/contract resources
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team
- A positive approach, self-motivated, assertive and ability to use initiative
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181