Company: KIPP NYC PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
KIPP NYC Public Schools is a non-profit network of free, public charter schools that prepares students for success in college and life. In 1995 we started our first middle school, KIPP Academy, in The Bronx. Our goal was to graduate students with the strength of character and academic abilities needed to succeed in high school, college and beyond - and in so doing, to prove what is possible for all students. Today, our New York City network is comprised of seven elementary schools, seven middle schools, one high school, and KIPP Through College and Career, a comprehensive support program for our alumni. KIPP NYC Public Schools currently serves more than 6000 students and alumni and has a staff of more than 700. KIPP NYC is continuing to grow and will be opening two new middle schools in August 2021!
All of the KIPP NYC elementary schools are adding a grade each year until they are fully grown schools with grades K-4.
- KIPP Academy Elementary School, South Bronx, founded in 2009: #removed#/AcademyES
- KIPP Infinity Elementary School, West Harlem, founded in 2010: #removed#/InfElementary
- KIPP Washington Heights Elementary School, Washington Heights, founded in 2011: #removed#/WashHeightsES
- KIPP AMP Elementary School, Crown Heights, BK, founded in 2013: #removed#/AMPElementary
- KIPP STAR Harlem College Prep Elementary School, Harlem, founded in 2014: #removed#/StarHarlemES
- KIPP Freedom Elementary School, the Bronx, founded in 2018: #removed#/FreedomES
- KIPP Elements Primary School, the Bronx, founded in August 2019: #removed#/ElementsPS
KIPP NYC is looking for teachers who combine the ability to motivate and educate, to develop academic as well as character skills, and to make a college preparatory education relevant both now and for the future.
General responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Planning and implementing a rigorous college preparatory curriculum aligned with Common Core standards.
- Bringing joy and hope to the classroom.
- Committing to constant professional and personal growth through reflection, feedback, and collaboration.
- Constantly assessing student progress, communicating results to families and colleagues, and adjusting instruction accordingly.
- Modeling a “whatever it takes” spirit to ensure that each student is successful.
- Modeling KIPP NYC's character strengths in all interactions and communications with students, families, and staff.
- Strong interpersonal skills that contribute to a collegial working environment and a healthy measure of the character traits we value: zest, grit, hope, love, social intelligence, gratitude and a sense of humor.
- At least two years of teaching experience strongly preferred
- New York State teacher certification in the appropriate content area
- Bachelor's degree required
- A passion for being part of a team-oriented, mission-driven school culture A strong desire to become a better teacher by joining the KIPP NYC team and family
- Demonstrated success in raising the achievement levels of traditionally under-served students
This description is intended to describe the type of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by the employee.
KIPP NYC LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. KIPP NYC LLC is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.