Our company has grown from a single location Long Beach to become a recognized market leader on the West Coast. At Mela you will be rewarded with growth opportunities, learning and development support, a positive culture, stability, and flexibility.
Responsible for assisting customers in person and over the phone, entering orders in system, reviewing and pulling orders, and ensuring customers' needs are met in a professional and timely fashion.
- Greet customers courteously and quickly.
- Execute sales effort in an ethical and professional manner that will reflect favorably on the reputation of both the salesperson and the company.
- Sell products and services, offer add-on and up-sell products that may benefit the customer, and suggest alternative products when a customer requested product is not available.
- Assist and resolve customer requests and/or problems in a prompt and professional manner.
- Create and maintain solid, long-term relationships with customers.
- Maintain open communication with other branch employees on matters that impact customer service, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Keep up to date on market trends, new products and the application of those products.
- Maintain merchandise and literature displays.
- Continuously develop knowledge of our client's product inventory, its location in the facility, and sales techniques.
- Understand and follow company policy on pricing.
- Attend sales, product, and other branch/company meetings.
- Communicate with Purchasing Department when items in stock are low or absent.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Individual must possess strong PC skills. Must have the ability to work quickly and accurately within time constraints and against deadlines. In addition, must possess interpersonal skills, organizational skills, be a self starter, detail oriented, and have ability to multitask and communicate (verbal and written).
- Must have some electrical knowledge or background, computer experience, credit card machine experience, and Internet experience.
- Valid Driver's license and/or CDL and ability to acquire a forklift license.
Role: Customer Service Representative - Immediate Hire
Apply for this job now.