My client is one of Australia's fastest growing fashion clothing and accessories brand. With more than 300 stores and a vast online presence across the globe, they have developed a strong community of fashion-lovers, designers, innovators, experts, and creatives who have taken them from city to the world. They have an exciting opportunity for a Merchandiser to cover their knitwear category, to join their team to drive and optimise category performance through effective planning, trading and stock optimum deployment.
Knitwear Merchandiser - The role:
- Maximise profit and minimise risk through stock management and realistic sales forecasts
- Regularly review sales forecasts, and sales patterns
- Work with buyers on key market trends
- End of month and season review on ranges, and gaps in the offering
- Manage junior planners, conducting reviews and training
- Work closely with buyers and designers on range builds
- Manage the sign off process, looking at open to buy and margins
- Ensure stock is allocated correctly to stores
- Regular warehouse visits and work with analysts
Knitwear Merchandiser - The candidate:
- A minimum of 2-3 years relevant retail experience as merchandiser within a UK or European retailer ideally within knitwear.
Strong financial and commercial business acumen
- Proven track record of effective stock management in a fashion business
- Effective negotiation and influencing skills
- Effective planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure, working to tight deadlines with a high attention to detail Understands the customer and effectively responds to their needs
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Knowledge of the High Street competitors and able to form educated opinions to effect commercial decisions
- Understand all critical path elements and their impact on delivery
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively as part of a team
- Confident and engaging communicator with the ability to deliver presentations and influence key stake holders
- Ability to manage key relationships effectively to deliver the business strategy
- Commercial with a good understanding of trends
- Strong Computer literacy in Microsoft Office (Excel)
**This role comes with a good salary in Australian dollars, plus relocation, temporary accommodation, and visa support**
If this opportunity excites you, please email your cv to #removed# quoting reference 12482 PP
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on #removed# quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of