Job Overview: Under the Supervision of the Store Manager, the Sales Associate’s primary job function is selling store merchandise and performing related tasks and duties in support of sales and customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
· Meet associate performance expectations and goals for the store
· Ability to properly complete necessary paperwork
· Ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
· Ability to lift 50 lbs. from ground level to customer’s car or store shelves
· Ability to bend, stoop, reach with arms and hands, and climb on ladders
· Ability to move throughout the store unassisted to provide customer service or perform tasks in any part of the store for up to 8 hours
· Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements
· Maintain cleanliness of all animal cages and fish tanks including animal care and feeding
· Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance, and housekeeping
· Assist in processing, replenishing merchandise and monitoring floor stock
· Adhere to all policy and procedures
· Possess outgoing and friendly personality with strong customer service skills
· Possess clear verbal communication and listening skills, both in person and on the phone
· Ability to read and interpret documents
· Able to work as scheduled to meet attendance requirements, which may include weekends and evenings
· Possess basic mathematical skills
· Comply with dress policy
· Work in a fast pace working environment
· Cleaning of livestock habitats
· Enjoy working with the public
· Be confident and assertive
Education and/or Experience
· Previous retail or customer service experience preferred
· Working knowledge of POS system preferred
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands
In the course of employment you may be given access to business information, customer and/or personnel information, and other company policies, which Pet Supermarket regards confidential and request you maintain such information confidential. While performing job duties, the employee is regularly required to have the ability to maintain open communication with customers, fellow employees, and upper management. Access, input, and retrieve information from the POS system. Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of his/her job such as lifting up to 50lbs, stand for extended periods of time, climb ladders, bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping, squatting, and reach over your head.
Pet Supermarket has it all for your furry friends. We welcome customers to share their shopping experience with their pets. We sell more than 8,000 pet care products and services on our website and in over 180 stores located in a dozen states. We specialize in pet food, toys, medicine and clothing, and also offer pet grooming in some locations. In addition, Pet Supermarket works with area organizations to host adoptions and related events for animal welfare. Pet Supermarket is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Role: Retail Sales Associate - 249
Apply for this job now.