SAIC is in need of a Senior Military Systems Administrator to provide technical support for war games and integrated Navy fleet training. The place of performance is San Diego, CA, with possible occasional travel to Fleet Concentration Areas. Specific tasks will be to:
- Manage computer systems and networks as well as technical support staff in support of Navy war games and other training exercises. Specifically, manage and provide Windows System Administration; Modeling & Simulation (M&S) system management, and technical support to military command and control systems including Air Defense System Integrator (ADSI), Global Command and Control System - Joint (GCCS-J), Carrier Tactical Support Center (CV-TSC), Theater Battle Management Core Systems (TBMCS), and Joint Automated Deep Operations Coordination System (JADOCS).
- Interface with other technical management staff (including government, military and contractors) for coordination of networks, systems upgrades and IA, future plans and purchasing.
- Manage system testing (Verification and Validation (V&V) and Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V)) prior to execution of war gaming events to ensure all systems are fully operational and capable of meeting war gaming requirements. Candidate will provide technical assistance to military staff as well as Contractor War Gaming Staff.
- Manage C4I systems upgrades and configuration changes; including working directly with the appropriate Program Office to ensure all systems have the correct and most recent software updates installed. Candidate will be responsible for verifying proper system configuration and operations after updates and Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) issues have been performed.
- Manage the setup, operation and monitoring of internal communication systems and communications plan prior to and during war gaming events
- Manage the accurate inventory of assigned system assets, and provide inventory list to government representative during semi-annual inventory. Candidate will also be responsible for safeguarding assigned systems in accordance with prescribed classification level
- Manage direct support for JADOCS classroom facilitators, to include verifying successful login and network connectivity of each client prior to the start of JADOCS course of instruction. Candidate will also be on call during normal classroom hours to provide technical assistance for issues that may arise while the JADOCS course is in session.
- Must have an active Secret security clearance.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Management, or Information Systems
- 20 years' experience in military C4I system operational and technical integration, system administration, and personnel management. Candidate must have the ability to recognize and troubleshoot C4I system problems to prevent interruption of war gaming events.
- 5 years' experience managing daily operations of M&S or C4I network systems in a dynamic network environment
- Excellent communications skills.
- Experience managing people and coordination of technical requirements with operational staff.
- Experience in Windows System Administration.
- Knowledge of managing clients in a virtual operating system environment Required IT certifications: Microsoft Technology Associate- IT Infrastructure (MTA-IT) Windows Operating System and Windows Server Administration, CompTia Linux Plus, and CompTIA Security Plus (or equivalent/ higher certifications).
- US Navy experience in shipboard C4I system management, including synthetic training.
- Experience with M&S systems integration with C4I systems.
- Microsoft Windows Enterprise Desktop Support Technician.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. - provided by Dice