Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Performs standard accounting tasks and assignments with general finance and accounting functions. Works under general supervision, supporting the Director of Finance and works closely with the accounting team to complete day-to-day tasks.
• Prepares, records, verifies, analyzes, maintains and reports accounts payable transactions.
• Processes vendor invoices and prepares weekly payments.
• Review and process expense reports in accordance with Evans’ policies.
• Ensure on-time payments of vendor invoices and research and resolve discrepancies and issues.
• Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date.
• Correspond with vendors and employees and respond to inquiries.
• Maintain Vendor files.
• Receives, records, and posts AR cash receipts.
• Assists with AR invoice processing.
• Maintain monthly corporate card reconciliations.
• Assists with balance sheet reconciliations.
• Assists with month-end/year-end closing.
• Assists with 1099 reporting, as well as other year-end activities.
Knowledge, Skills & Ability (KSA’s)
*Knowledge of general accounting theories, principles and practices with a solid knowledge of general budgeting principles and practices.
*Working knowledge of Unanet.
*Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and able to communicate effectively to colleagues and managers.
*Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, especially Excel).
*Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
*Ability to work harmoniously across company departments, with Corporate Admin, Human Resources, Contracts, Senior Manager teams and Program Management Organization.
*Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload in order to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
*Demonstrate critical thinking and self-starter attitude.
*Understand personal accountability and authenticity in approaching interactions with colleagues and clients.
Role: Staff Accountant
Location: Falls Church,
Apply for this job now.