In this role you will support a team that helps us to optimise financial decisions we are making across our business and support a significant transformation programme in the Strategy Finance Team. It's a varied fast paced role and you'll be involved in a huge variety of work supporting a wide number of functions in the business.
What you'll do:
- Support a forward-looking 5-year plan and budget model to drive a comprehensive forecast process;
- Prepare accurate monthly capital expenditure tracking and support a control framework, providing insight into the drivers and learnings;
- Provide analytical support, tools and progressive insight to Finance Managers to drive decision making across the business to meet critical transformational targets and deliver the 5YP;
- Provide ad hoc financial modelling to support business cases as part of the transformation program;
- Partner with Accounting and Finance counterparts in FP&A teams to implement best practice in the Finance Team;
- Perform ad hoc deep dives as necessary to highlight risks and opportunities for the business and communicate finding with the Head of Finance;
- Consolidate and support of monthly KPI tracking;
- Improve data efficiency and help establish a strong control environment;
- Support range review, pricing and promotional analysis;
- Support network/ location strategy modelling and the derivatives of bottom-up assumptions;
- Provide data insight and recommendations to support the post implementation reviews of investment programmes including new stores and refits;
- Support the development of market share and competitor analysis to establish highest value opportunities incorporating customer insight.
The role would suit people who have the following qualities:
- High energy and a willingness to challenge the status quo;
- Qualified accountant with 3 years + post qualified experience;
- Knowledge of investment appraisals and preparation of business cases to a high-quality presentation standards;
- Strong excel modelling and an ability to manipulate complex data sets;
- Great organisational skills and ability to work with tools to prioritise workload;
- Excellent relationship skills;
- A good understanding of retail operations would be advantageous.