CNC Research & Development Technician
Weatherford, Texas area
Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
$17-$18 per hour depending on experience
This is a long-term opportunity with a growing company
Excellent benefits are provided when you complete the trial period
Training will be provided to enable you to increase your skills and advance your career
The Research and Development Technician will develop and test solutions to solve technical problems for the company’s research and development for the manufacturing processes. Work with engineers inspecting products, conducting tests, and collecting data.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances.
- Program mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Load tools, fixtures, jaws and programs in to machines and prove out the previously written program.
- Perform light maintenance on the machines and thoroughly measure parts to the standards of drawing.
- Create solutions to complex technical problems.
- Assist engineers as they create, modify, and test products and processes.
- Perform extensive research and development during the creation phase of new products.
- Inspect products and processes for flaws and identify areas for improvement.
- Assist in product design, development, and production.
- Prepare conduct, calculate, and record results during experiments.
- Utilize computer aided design and drafting equipment during the design phase.
- Identify technical solutions to problems.
- 2+ years of experience with CNC machining lathes and mills with programming experience
- CNC Machinist Program Certification or Journeyman's License preferred
- Associates degree in Machine Technology or combination of education and experience
- Ability to read blueprints, mechanical drawings, schematics, and specifications for electrical and mechanical
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Must have a clear background
- Able and willing to take and pass a drug test
- Must wear steel toed shoes or boots
Role: CNC Research & Development Technician Weatherford, Texas area
Apply for this job now.