Alsana is an eating disorder recovery community with 5 locations nationwide. We provide superior and committed care to help those on their journey to a healthy and successful recovery. From the Latin roots meaning "all" or "total health," Alsana offers a new philosophy of care centered on our clients' full well-being. We address the aspects of eating disorders that often go untreated in traditional recovery programs. Our culture creates a working environment of communication, collaboration, compassion, and integrity—all of which are necessary to craft unique treatment plans tailored to our clients' needs and outcomes.
As the Registered Dietitian at Alsana, you will be responsible for providing nutrition therapy to clients of all genders with eating disorders and co-existing medical conditions and psychiatric diagnoses. You will work as a member of the interdisciplinary team (IDT) with the client, their support team (therapist, psychiatrist, physician, family/friends) to provide the most effective and efficient care possible.
- Completes the initial and weekly client nutritional assessments, creates therapeutic and individualized client meal plans and conducts individual and group sessions with client based on level of care
- Works closely with chefs to aid with education and meal plan accuracy for clients
- Leads regular nutrition psycho-education groups focusing on the Alsana nutrition philosophy of balancing nourishment and pleasure to help clients restore a positive relationship with both food and body
- Manages movement activities according to programming, under the direction of the lead RD, and provides each client with individualized movement goals, adapted weekly
- Provides guidance and assists clients with real-life nutrition tasks such as meal planning, grocery shopping menu ordering, kitchen skills, and cooking
- Provides regular weekly email updates to client's outpatient referral treatment team
- Supports the culinary team in developing quality measures for food served, striving for 90% excellent ratings in food-related perception of care surveys
- Actively engages in on-going education related to nutrition therapy for the eating disorder population
- Assumes other duties as assigned by the Director of Clinical Services, nursing, program director, or lead RD
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited program and registered with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
- 1+ years' experience working as a Registered Dietitian; ideally with eating disorder clients, preferred
- Experience working as an active member of a multi-disciplinary treatment team would
- Strong interest in eating disorder or behavioral health nutrition care
Are you ready to let your light shine?! Join the Alsana team today!