Based in UK or Europe
This is an exclusive opportunity for a strong, proactive commercial leader to make their mark within a global organisation, in the role of Business Unit Director. You will have overall responsibility for the license management of an internationally recognised premium brand.
This role is to spearhead a strategy; to increase sales and EBIT growth across EMEA and US (initial focus will be on Europe), and with have accountability for P&L.
Business Unit Director - Europe - Job Outline
- Formulate and implement growth strategic plan that guides the direction of the business.
- Lead and coordinate all sales & marketing activities, and establish clear segmentation sales strategy in order to cover all sales channels. Developing annual sales targets, projecting expected sales volumes and profit for existing and new products
- Search and identify opportunities to develop the business.
- Develop and deploy the commercial strategy according to the company strategic imperatives in order to maximize business opportunities in the major product segments
- Build exceptional and long-term partnerships with strategic customers and relate and manage customers' needs, standards and solutions.
- Communicate with licensors when required
- Build and manage budget
- Manage a team in the US of sales and design, and work with internal operation functions / 3rd party outsourcing
- Market and competitor intelligence.
- Agree and negotiate commercial terms
- Responsible for the P&L
Business Unit Director - Europe - Person Specification
- Experience within a similar Head of Business Unit, General Manager or Commercial Director with an international responsibility. Multi market experience within European.
- Understanding of Retail and Wholesale - and product lifecycle process
- Proven in business development, driving business growth: strategic and creative thinker
- Accomplished in sales and high level negotiations
- Ability to develop exceptional commercial relationships.
- Results driven, with a passion to win, focus on targets and performance
- Experience in P&L and budgetary management reporting (8M Euro sales+)
- Positivity, Flexibility and adaptability with agile thinking.
- Remote management capabilities - an ability to work effectively in matrix
- Ability to travel internationally
- Fluent in English: plus additional European language
- Proven track record of achievement in strategy within the fashion/apparel industry - ideally, lingerie, intimates, hosiery or athleisure/sportswear.
- Experience working with licensed brands.
Please apply with your updated CV to #removed# quoting our reference: 11887AA.
- If the email address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
- We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
- Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.