Why Interim Healthcare of South Bend?
- We are franchise 500
- Ranked #1 in category for 2022
- Over 50 years of experience into our signature standard of care, HomeLife Enrichment
What is in it for you:
- Sign On Bonus
- Referral Bonus
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Completes initial and ongoing comprehensive assessments of the patient’s/client’s needs at appropriate time points as assigned.
- Contributes to the patient’s/client’s plan of care/service plan.
- Participates with the patient/client in clarifying mutually agreed upon goals and incorporates these goals into the plan of care/service plan.
- Provides care according to the patient’s/client’s plan of care/service plan.
- Counsels and educates the patient/client and family in meeting healthcare/nursing and related needs.
- Initiates appropriate preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
- Completes timely and accurate clinical notes including addressing patient’s/client’s progress.
- Refers to other services as needed.
- Communicates with the physician and other staff of changes in the patient’s needs.
- Evaluates outcomes of care.
- Assigns home care aide to a specific patient/client.
- Supervises paraprofessional staff.
- Participates in in-service training.
- Coordinates plans for patient/client discharge from services.
- Follows accepted standards of nursing practice.
- Uses clinical decision making to efficiently and effectively manage individual patients/clients.
- Contributes to the effective implementation of company programs and services.
- Contributes to Office business growth.
- Provides other assignments as requested and within the scope of licensure.
- Able to perform CPR.
- May have access to personal health information (“PHI”) necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization/department.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and licensed to practice as an RN in the state in which employed.
- License is active and in good standing.
- Prefer at least 1200 hours of experience as an RN within the last 12 months.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Meets applicable state and federal health screening requirements.
- Pass federal and state required criminal and abuse background checks where required.
- Verification of employment eligibility (I-9) in accordance with local, state, and federal law and regulations.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Able to effectively communicate in English with all levels of the workforce, both clinical and non-clinical.
- Able to perform and prioritize multiple functions or tasks.
- Able to read and interpret technical instructions related to the care of the patient.
- Able to visually and aurally observe and assess the patient.
- Able to effectively deal with multiple changes based on patient needs and scheduling.
- Able to provide proof of valid driver's license, if applicable.
- Able to provide proof of valid auto liability insurance if assignment(s) include driving own vehicle to transport patient.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort (con’t):
- Able to stand, walk, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and reach freely.
- Able to lift, reposition, and transfer patients.
- Able to travel within geographic area serviced by office.
- Work is normally performed in patient’s home, schools, or occupational settings.
- Able to constantly travel locally from assignment to assignment.
- Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, bloodborne pathogens and/or other potentially infectious or hazardous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
- Able to constantly stand, walk, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and reach freely and assist patients with standing and walking.
- Able to constantly grasp with thumb in opposition to fingers of palm, i.e. manipulate pen, knobs or objects.
- Medium physical activity that may require occasional lifting, pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs. in order to carry out daily job functions and related activities that may be required.
- Able to constantly travel within geographic area serviced by office from assignment to assignment.
- Work is normally performed in a residence, aggregate living facility, school or occupational setting.
- Heavy physical activity that may require lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling over 50 lbs., and physically stretching, bending, stooping, twisting, standing, sitting, walking, reaching and climbing stairs.
At Interim Healthcare, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority.
We require COVID19 vaccination, or individuals with medical or religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement. Please note if approved for an exemption, we require weekly testing. (Please get in touch with Human Resources for details regarding the Medical and Religious exemption procedure).
Interim HealthCare of South Bend provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.