The Coombe Women & Infants University Hospital is one of the largest providers of women and infant health care in the Republic of Ireland. We care for up to 10,000 pregnant women every year.
In addition, over 1,000 infants are admitted to the Neonatal Intensive Care Centre and over 8,000 adult surgical operations are performed. This hospital provides comprehensive care for women and infants at local, regional and national levels.
The Coombe are currently hosting interviews, primarily for midwives, who hope to join the team
The postholder will work within a multidisciplinary team at a major teaching hospital in the provision of a safe, effective, high quality midwifery service to women, babies and their families.
- Midwives will need to hold full NMBI registration OR be close to obtaining same&
- RM's will need to have cleared IELTs/OET if applicable&
Healthcare Knowledge of;
- Maternity Strategy
- HIQA Standards
- Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative (BFHI)
- Child Protection
- Relevant health and safety regulations
- National strategies
- Health Promotion for Childbearing Mother & Family
- Clinical Governance & Risk Management
Professional Knowledge of:
- Models of maternity care.
- Understanding of research.
- Clinical Audit.
- Nursing & Midwifery Board of Ireland Regulatory function and publications
- Midwifery/Nursing Educational Programmes.
Cpl Healthcare Contact
For more information, or to send a CV , please contact [... Click Apply...] or call [... Click Apply...]