ACCA is the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. We're the world's most forward thinking professional accountancy body. Since we were founded in 1904, we have expanded to over 1500 staff in 50 countries, meaning we’re a truly global organisation. Our people enjoy a working environment that is dynamic, human and connected, and have a strong focus on creating value for our students and members.
We’re currently looking for a Supervision Officer – AML on a full time permanent basis. This position sits within the Monitoring team based in our London Office.
On a day to day basis, you’ll be involved in the following:
- Assisting with the design and development of the risk assessment methodology/process to determine the level of AML risk for each relevant person within the supervised population
- Periodically, as required, carry out risk assessments of the supervised population in order to generate a schedule of supervisory reviews for approval by the Senior Manager – AML and distribution to the Supervision Officers on a timely basis
- Conducting periodic desktop-based reviews of ACCA’s AML supervised population ensuring that the reviews run smoothly and are based on accurate information about ACCA’s processes
- Collecting relevant information (including but not limited to, annual returns) from the supervised populations, assisting with monitoring response rates and administering processes for issuing reminders; and ensuring the integrity of the database
- Ensuring that any changes to the risk framework are correctly incorporated into the database and risk assessment processes. Contribute to the development of registration and risk assessment processes for the supervised population to ensure that ACCA meets its obligations through an effective but proportionate approach
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is educated to degree level or equivalent
- Has the aptitude, interest and relevant experience in regulation AML and an understanding of the types of work undertaken by accountancy firms
- Has detailed knowledge of anti-money laundering requirements, particularly UK Money Laundering Regulations; familiarity with the duties of supervisory authorities is an advantage
- Has practical experience of applying anti-money laundering requirements, preferably in a compliance role
- Has significant experience conducting monitoring and testing of AML related controls and assessing compliance with AML regulations - this includes analysing documentation and conducting interviews
And in working with us, you’ll enjoy:
- Core benefits including Private Healthcare, Income Protection and Group Pension Plan
- Customisable benefits such as Dental Insurance, Childcare Vouchers and Cycle to Work scheme
- Flexi-time, dress down Fridays and a great working environment
Interested in this role? Click ‘Apply now’ to submit your application.
Role: Supervision Officer - AML
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Central London, London, London
Apply for this job now.