COMPANY: ENVIRONMENTAL MARKET SERVICES LTD
JOB TYPE: Permanent
SALARY: £45,000 - £55,000 depending on experience.
Role: Senior Business Development Manager
Location: London, UK
Salary Range: £45,000 - £55,000 p.a. depending on experience.
Environmental Market Services Limited (EMS) was formed in 2015 as the UK subsidiary of Global Environmental Markets Limited. EMS is responsible for day-to-day sales and administration of the Carbon Trade Exchange (CTX) and Global Environmental Markets (GEM) businesses. GEM Group is a specialist builder and operator of environmental and alternative commodity exchanges. Due to a number of significant growth opportunities, along with an impending capital raise, EMS is seeking a Senior Business Development Manager to help grow and scale the business both in the UK/European region and internationally.
Key Skills and Attributes
- Strong knowledge of financial and environmental markets and the capital raising process.
- A depth of understanding in how exchanges operate and function.
- Proven track record in raising private capital from high net worth and professional investors.
- Experience in working with private companies through their capital raising and listing process.
- Experience as both a hunter and farmer of sales opportunities. There is an expectation that the successful candidate will have the ability to find, source, identify and close new business and then manage relationships with these clients once they are listed on the exchange.
- Existing global network of investors, brokers, advisors and entrepreneurs.
- Must be agile and nimble as you may be working on a number of different tasks and opportunities at any given time.
- Experience in managing and growing high performing and successful sales teams.
- Strong presentation skills both on the phone and in person.
- Has worked in a start-up environment with entrepreneurs previously and knows the speed of which they operate.
- Undergraduate University qualification is essential, with a Masters qualification being highly regarded.
- Reporting to the Managing Director, Senior Business Development Manager will be responsible for managing the sales and business development for the company.
- You will be responsible for delivering an effect commercial strategy to grow all revenue channels including future exchange opportunities, technology deployments, trading activities, joint ventures and partnerships. This involves sourcing new business through your various networks, cold calling, networking and essentially doing whatever it takes to drive revenue growth in the business.
- Develop and deliver an innovative business development strategy to differentiate the brand and grow our market share.
- Lead and develop the team to create a high-performance culture showing excellent best practice across sales pipelining and client retention.
- Responsible for managing and nurturing relationships of key customers, collaborators and stakeholders, providing the alliance management needed to maintain and promote these relationships.
- Assist with the management of business development team both domestically and then eventually globally. This involves hiring, training and then managing staff, including all performance related metrics, as well as day-to-day tasks and operational procedures.
- Given the nature of the business and its two office locations (UK and Australia), this role will involve a significant amount of travel, so the successful candidate will be required to spend approximately 30% of their time overseas.
Posting date of vacancy is 24/02/2019.
Closing date for applicants will be 28 days from date of posting.
To apply, please send your C/V and Cover Letter directly to the attention of Josh Brown. Applications received after 28 days will not be considered.