Help Desk Analyst IICompensation:
$23.75 to $27.50 hourly
There is an opportunity to join the team at Robert Half Technology, as a Help Desk Analyst! You should apply today if you have a can-do attitude and are looking to be part of a highly motivated team. This Service Desk Analyst job's main duty is to represent the Service Desk by liaising with 2nd and 3rd level teams to help transition new and changing services. Your duties might include creating knowledge articles and arranging training for other Service Desk Analysts when needed. You'll mostly be handling complex end-user support issues and providing support to team members by focusing on restoring service to the end users. It is also required for this Help Desk Analyst position to know how the role relates to IT projects and IT Service Management initiatives. One of the most important things to understand for this position is Incident, Problem, Change Management and other processes. One of the most important parts, though, is how these processes work together to provide superior support and high availability of our business. You might also be asked to cover alternative shifts when needed. If you are a self-confident, motivated person with a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills - and you enjoy a fast-paced team-driven environment - we invite you to apply. Candidates seeking career-building opportunities in the Professional Services field, might want to look into this recently available short-term temporary position. This Help Desk Analyst II opportunity will be located in the Boston, Massachusetts area and will be a short-term temporary position.
Your responsibilities in this role
- Meet and exceed SLA standards: Close tickets in a timely manner, while upholding customer service standards
- Troubleshoot end user issues: Provide root-cause analysis on various web and mobile applications; handle escalated tickets relating to server/network related issues
- Understand and utilize ITIL processes (Incident, Problem, Change, etc.) and how they are used in a corporate environment
- This job is important because it must facilitate user account management. This includes onboarding, change and departure processes
- Understand concepts related to networks, servers, PCs, databases, proprietary systems, etc.
- Maintain hardware and peripherals: Responsible for upgrading and replacing computer parts; handle documentation and asset inventory
- Provide guidance to Tier 1 support and team membersJob Requirements:
- Background in one or more programming or scripting language
- Ability to multitask, collaborate and communicate well with individuals of all backgrounds in a fast-paced environment
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- A qualified candidate would be able to analyze complex business problems, propose effective solutions and understand and apply business vision and direction
- 3+ years' of experience supporting desktop/server operating systems and technologies such as Active Directory, DNS, Exchange and VMware
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office 365
- VMware experience required
- ITIL certification is a big plus for this job
- It is preferred for applicants to have a combination of superior customer service skills and technical aptitude
- You'll be a good fit for this position if you have technical skills to serve as escalation point for handling incidents and service requests related to application, operating system and other service related problems
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches you with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.