Metal Shark Boats seeks a Carpentry Foreman.
Education or Required Experience:
- 2 to 3 years supervisor experience
- Fundamental knowledge in carpentry as it pertains to boat building
- Ability to effectively lead and manage a team of 12 to 15 people
- Produce joining and finishing work at a high level of proficiency
- Read tape measure in standard and metric units
- Operate carpentry tools such as table saws, routers, sanders, planers, compound miter saws, etc.
- Pay attention to details
- Possess knowledge of cabinet building
- Possess knowledge of flooring installation
- Possesses excellent organizational skills
- Able to follow schedules and deadlines
- Provide problem solving for resource constraints
- Complete yearly performance reviews on crew members
- Able to follow blueprints and drawings
- Procure a number of specific tools; a list will be provided
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift up to 50lbs. Must be able to stand, bend, stoop, squat or kneel regularly, as well as climb stairs and ladders to complete tasks.
Metal Shark is a leading shipyard supplying custom vessels for commercial, defense, and law enforcement applications worldwide. The company traces its origins to 1986, when Jeanerette, Louisiana-based Gravois Aluminum Boats began producing custom welded aluminum fishing boats for recreational anglers and commercial fishermen. Over the years, the Gravois family developed a loyal following among demanding Gulf Coast fishermen due to the rugged quality of their boats, which were often highly customized to suit the buyer’s needs.
More than simply a boat builder, Metal Shark serves as a top-to-bottom solutions provider, routinely partnering with our customers to assist in all phases of boat buying, building, delivery, and ownership cycles. From working together to determine the perfect boat for their mission requirements, to on-water delivery and training, customers trust Metal Shark to be with them every step of the way.
Role: Carpentry Foreman
Apply for this job now.